Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

What class does Air NZ book CCPStar1 into?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum

Title says it all, apart from - is my travel agent an idiot?

He is telling me that the CPStar1 that I want to book goes into Z on Air NZ and there is no availability between MEL-AKL but heaps AKL-LAX/SFO. He said it use to book into D, but now books in Z. If it does still book into D. what can I send him to show him?

So does Air NZ now book RTW, CP, CA into "Z" which will limit availability and any means to book them on the CA CP or RTW or is it still D class and my travel agent is an idiot?

Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2009, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Gotta Requalify
Title says it all, apart from - is my travel agent an idiot?

He is telling me that the CPStar1 that I want to book goes into Z on Air NZ and there is no availability between MEL-AKL but heaps AKL-LAX/SFO. He said it use to book into D, but now books in Z. If it does still book into D. what can I send him to show him?

So does Air NZ now book RTW, CP, CA into "Z" which will limit availability and any means to book them on the CA CP or RTW or is it still D class and my travel agent is an idiot?

Thanks
AC NZ UA and US went to "book Z" quite some time ago for the Circle Pac fares.
NZ has a caveat that if Z not available, book U (Premium Y) or if Z/U not available, book Y.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 5:03 am
Original Poster

That's horrible.

With so many seats available and more each day now with swine fever, they want to limit themselves with Z.

Especially as they are trying to capture the US market, AKL-US is wide open on the day I want to travel but MEL-AKL isn't.

So is it just Circle Asia and Circle Pac that "Book Z" is RTW still D?
Old Apr 27, 2009, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Kiwi Flyer - can you update the *A Booking Code sticky with the code that each of the airlines book into for the circle deals.
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gotta Requalify
That's horrible.

With so many seats available and more each day now with swine fever, they want to limit themselves with Z.

Especially as they are trying to capture the US market, AKL-US is wide open on the day I want to travel but MEL-AKL isn't.

So is it just Circle Asia and Circle Pac that "Book Z" is RTW still D?
At least it's the MEL-AKL portion that's causing problems and not the longer one!
Get your agent to confirm U for MEL-AKL while you still can and waitlist Z. If the flight is as bad as you seem to think it is pax wise and doesn't pick up in a hurry, the Z should clear at some stage you would think.

Circle Asia has UA NZ and LH booking into Z, the others remain at D for the time being.
Circle Pac is AC NZ UA and US into Z, the others in D.
Everyone is still D for RTW except AC with it's C requirement.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:57 am
Original Poster

The travel agent said the waitlist for Z is closed.

The flight is still showing C4 D3. (NZ124 on May 10)

So I have got him to book MEL - WLG - AKL instead of MEL-AKL direct.

The CA code share CA5110 is showing as C4 D4

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.