Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Making date change to business class RTW ticket prior to travel.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2009, 8:09 am
Original Poster

I cannot find the answer using a search, probably because RTW is too small and is always excluded from my search terms.

I have a business class RTW ticket starting May 14 from KEF. The itinerary is something like KEF-OSL-MAD-IST-BKK-SYD-AKL-RAR-LAX-PHL-OSL-KEF. I think there is another flight or two that I'm forgetting, but that's the basic trip.

So, can I change the date of the SYD-AKL flight (or any flight after the first intercontinental one) prior to flying the first intercontinental segment without paying a fee? I found D class availability on a flight I want, but when I email SAS (the ticketing airline) I just get a reply stating that the requested flight is not available.

Thank you.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 1:56 pm

Try searching for "Date Change" or "Revalidation" or similar.

16. Penalties
A. Changes
1. Before departure
i. Re-booking/re-validation of all sectors permitted at no charge.
ii. Re-routing/reissue charge of USD125 (child/infant USD125) applies per reissue in cases where ticket has been
issued.
2. After departure.
i) For all remaining sectors changes to carriers / flights / dates leading to rebooking/revalidation permitted at no charge, also in case of E-Ticket.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the reply.

It looks like this change should be allowed as it's to a flight after the first intercontinental leg. However, we've been given the run around by SAS (ticketing airline). The segment is on NZ. Can NZ make the change or do we need to go through SAS?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.