Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Capetown from USA via London (SA) or FRA (LH) in C?

Capetown from USA via London (SA) or FRA (LH) in C?

Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:35 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
OK, along these lines, who has the better Y seat, SAA or LH? Flight would be JNB-FRA. And, yes, I cringe at the thought of being stuck in a Y seat for that long. But is it at all bearable on either of the airlines?

Additionally, I'm considering TK IST-JNB on the inbound? Any thoughts on TK int'l Y seating?

Thanks.
To answer the question, the pitch on SA is much better than on LH. Not sure about the other comfort factors, many people complain that the SA seat is too hard....Last time I did a CPT/LHR in Y (stingy client), 15 months ago, I managed to get bulkhead / emergency exit seats on both legs and it was just bearable.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by glex50
Also, I have never personally had success finding availability as an award, but it's theoretically possible to connect IAD/ORD-GRU-JNB.
Booked two friends on exactly this route this past December. Great out-of-the-box thinking! ^
Old Apr 24, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Booked two friends on exactly this route this past December. Great out-of-the-box thinking! ^
I'm amazed that you actually found seats on the TATL leg of that... It always comes up to me as 0s and I've heard SA makes a killing on it. For now, at least...

Isn't TAM starting that route up though? Maybe when they join that will be another viable option.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 9:44 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by glex50
I'm amazed that you actually found seats on the TATL leg of that... It always comes up to me as 0s and I've heard SA makes a killing on it. For now, at least...

Isn't TAM starting that route up though? Maybe when they join that will be another viable option.
Interestingly, it appears that C award availability on the new JNB/EZE/JNB route is not all that bad (at least for travel this / next week, I am told).
Old Apr 24, 2009, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Interestingly, it appears that C award availability on the new JNB/EZE/JNB route is not all that bad (at least for travel this / next week, I am told).
Wasn't aware that they had started one ^^ Though apparently only Wed and Sat? Well, at least there's no transit visa required for Americans in EZE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.