Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Updated *A RTW Spreadsheet (Updated 1 Jan 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated *A RTW Spreadsheet (Updated 1 Jan 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Statusless and proud
For those that have downloaded this, I just made another quick update with a change of a couple exchange rates and also another typo that was on Somoa's info.

Chris
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
For those that have downloaded this, I just made another quick update with a change of a couple exchange rates and also another typo that was on Somoa's info.

Chris
Chris, this spreadsheet is awesome and helpful, so a HUGE thanks for putting this together!

Will
Old Jan 10, 2009, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
AFAIK each tax has a specified currency and is converted using the official IATA exchange rates (fixed weekly?) to the currency of origin.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Very interesting. Thanks for the effort.

Is that F fare out of Kuwait accurate?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC, UA
I checked the FT *A FAQ and couldn't find the answer to this question. Is an economy RTW ticket/segment upgradeable on some/all/no airlines?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by canadianpilgrim
Is an economy RTW ticket/segment upgradeable on some/all/no airlines?
I know UA segments are upgradeable. If I'm not mistaken, it's booked as an M fare.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I checked the FT *A FAQ and couldn't find the answer to this question. Is an economy RTW ticket/segment upgradeable on some/all/no airlines?
Yes subject to availability and you having the relevant instruments (upgrade vouchers or miles) for the flights you want to upgrade. Note some airlines will not allow upgrades on codeshares.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes subject to availability and you having the relevant instruments (upgrade vouchers or miles) for the flights you want to upgrade. Note some airlines will not allow upgrades on codeshares.
Kiwi Flyer, mahasamatman ,

Thanks. Now I just need to confirm the *A RTW booking price from Iceland is bookable. The upgrades should help convince the Better Half, to jump on board. For those interested, there are cheap one way fares from YYZ and BOS to KEF. You can even add extra RT destinations in Europe for a little more.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Chirs, great work! Many thanks....
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:29 pm

Programs: nothing but freebies
OMG. My fingers are already buying FI BOS-KEF...... many thanks
Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:43 pm

Any ideas where to find the countries that sell the special 26,000 RTW and what their fares would be?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Any ideas where to find the countries that sell the special 26,000 RTW and what their fares would be?
You can use the Star Alliance RTW calculator online to map out a journey that's less than 26k miles, and if a 'Special' fare exists, it will show on the 'Print Itinerary' function.

Obviously, not the easiest way, but a good option, especially since you can find out exactly where you can go from a given origin with the allotted mileage.

I know one country that does have the special fare loaded - the U.K., and the price for the 26k trip in Y is 1259 quid - pretty damn nice!

-jeremy
Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Kiwi Flyer, mahasamatman ,

Thanks. Now I just need to confirm the *A RTW booking price from Iceland is bookable. The upgrades should help convince the Better Half, to jump on board. For those interested, there are cheap one way fares from YYZ and BOS to KEF. You can even add extra RT destinations in Europe for a little more.
Let us know if the RTW from KEF is bookable...I remember reading somewhere on FlyerTalk that the RTW from KEF was 'disabled' and booking in Euros, since the stability of the currency and the country as a whole was shaky at best...

That was a few months ago at least, and I can't find the original thread - so I'm VERY interested in hearing about the possibility!

-jeremy
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Let us know if the RTW from KEF is bookable...I remember reading somewhere on FlyerTalk that the RTW from KEF was 'disabled' and booking in Euros, since the stability of the currency and the country as a whole was shaky at best...

That was a few months ago at least, and I can't find the original thread - so I'm VERY interested in hearing about the possibility!

-jeremy
Booked the RTW from KEF--cost me CDN 5500 in CStar1--all in. It is priced in SEK. Avoided the SQ and AC surcharges. Issued by my TA on SQ stock.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:07 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by ac777
Booked the RTW from KEF--cost me CDN 5500 in CStar1--all in. It is priced in SEK. Avoided the SQ and AC surcharges. Issued by my TA on SQ stock.
Does the price include the taxes and surcharges for your specific routing or is it just the CRWSTAR1 fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.