Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*A J-class award ticket, Y seat on UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA

I'm on a J-class star alliance award ticket issued by Air Canada. Confirmed J seats on all flights except when I connect to UA869 from HKG to SGN on Dec30, where I could only get Y seats. Not a biggie, but any tips to try to get ideally a J class seat, or at least an economy+ seat?

I've been trying the ANA award availability tool and it continues to be zeroed out in J. So I'm assuming I'll need to try with UA staff while en route...but when and where? Air Canada will probably issue my BP for the flight a day earlier in Canada, and I suspect if I don't jump through the right hoops I'll get a non+ economy seat and AC will tell me it can't do anything...and by the time I get to HKG I'm sure any J upgrades will be done and E+ seats taken...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.