Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Miles and More
Will fly LX CDG-ZRH in C and then connecting to same day flight LX First. I am entitled to use the * First Lounge in CDG?
Old May 9, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by olivier
Will fly LX CDG-ZRH in C and then connecting to same day flight LX First. I am entitled to use the * First Lounge in CDG?
Unfortunately not. Lounge access is only ever in conjunction with your boarding pass for the flight departing that airport - in this case, a business class boarding pass.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Star Alliance lounge for arrivals with Priority Pass?

Hi, random question. I’m arriving in UA F but self connecting on a different ticket on a non star alliance carrier. I’d like to take a quick shower before my next flight after arriving. Can I get access using my Priority Pass card? I know I would not have access as *G since I’m not departing on a star alliance flight.
Old May 26, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: AV Diamond, TK ELP, IB Oro, AD Diamante, NZ Gold, QF Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOdelayed
Hi, random question. I’m arriving in UA F but self connecting on a different ticket on a non star alliance carrier. I’d like to take a quick shower before my next flight after arriving. Can I get access using my Priority Pass card? I know I would not have access as *G since I’m not departing on a star alliance flight.
You won't get access on arrival as a Star Alliance benefit regardless of cabin class or status. But this lounge does now accept Priority Pass, so perhaps you will just need to show your onward boarding pass in conjunction with you PP card. I believe they don't always accommodate Priority Pass customers if the lounge is busy, so you may just need to check on the day.
SFOdelayed likes this.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by uanj
Was just there last month. This is generally not a lounge I like to spend much time in because it is a bit out of the way and just OK. The wines are not bad, the food nothing special for an international gateway, and it gets crowded.
How crowded does it usually get in the evenings (19:00-21:00)? What kind of the food items are served?
Old May 26, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by kiwitakingflight
You won't get access on arrival as a Star Alliance benefit regardless of cabin class or status. But this lounge does now accept Priority Pass, so perhaps you will just need to show your onward boarding pass in conjunction with you PP card. I believe they don't always accommodate Priority Pass customers if the lounge is busy, so you may just need to check on the day.
So to report back, I ended up trying with my PP card but was turned away due to overcrowding. Not a big deal, I’ve used it enough as a departure lounge so I’m not missing much. Just would have been nice to grab a quick shower.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:43 pm

A *A Gold passenger arriving on AC but departing on AF (Economy, no status, Non-Schengen destination) on the same ticket and day will not have any lounge access, correct?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: M&M HON***
yes, they recently even put a new sign at the front desk saying that the lounge is not an arrival lounge
sokolov likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
That’s when Priority Pass comes in handy!

PP does NOT work at the Star Alliance lounge but it can be used at other lounges at CDG.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by gru_muc
yes, they recently even put a new sign at the front desk saying that the lounge is not an arrival lounge
Originally Posted by sapguy
That’s when Priority Pass comes in handy!

PP does NOT work at the Star Alliance lounge but it can be used at other lounges at CDG.
I will be arriving into CDG from IAD on a UA flight at 6:00 AM and was hoping to use the Star Alliance lounge upon arrival. It would be great for a quick shower before picking up my rental car to drive to Belgium. It looks like that option is no longer available with Priority Pass, correct? I am traveling with a *A Gold member, but they only allow access for departing flights.

Are there any other Priority Pass options? The Yotel likely does not accept arriving passengers either. I looked into nearby hotels with day use, but those rates or usually from 10AM to 5PM.

Thanks for any help or advice you guys an can offer.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:59 pm

I have been unable to find any recent reviews for the *A F lounge at CDG. I am flying out on TG (F). Is the lounge worth the experience, since the renovation?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Some pics from my flight report in 2017 : https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...DG-Bangkok-BKK.
Or this one from last July : https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...-Singapore-SIN
lamphs likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by mogoy
Some pics from my flight report in 2017 : https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...DG-Bangkok-BKK.
Or this one from last July : https://flight-report.com/fr/report/...-Singapore-SIN
A bit of translation required...broadens my horizons! But I got the gist of it. Looks as if the lounge is worth the visit. And I am looking forward to the daytime TG flight. (I've flown TG F before, but BKK->CDG overnight.)
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I just saw a post from two days ago on the PP lounge thread that the *A lounge at CDG T1 is under renovation. Does anyone have any information on that? I am traveling through there in a few weeks.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: Oneworld Sapphire (QR Gold), SkyTeam Elite Plus (ITA Volare)
Originally Posted by Artpen100
I just saw a post from two days ago on the PP lounge thread that the *A lounge at CDG T1 is under renovation. Does anyone have any information on that? I am traveling through there in a few weeks.
This was just announced today:

https://www.eturbonews.com/251467/st...rles-de-gaulle

https://www.ausbt.com.au/star-allian...unges-in-paris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.