Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, TK*G (not matched)
Originally Posted by nevansm
While I can't answer your question directly, keep in mind there is both the Star Alliance lounge and a LH Senator/Business lounge at CDG, so that may be the disparity in the opening times you saw. I typically trust just about anything LH says so I'd be inclined to say that the opening time of 5am is for their lounge specifically.
LH says on their website that both LH lounges (SEN and BIZ) open at 5:30am but the StarAlliance lounge at 5:00am.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:39 pm

I had a few early departures (7 AM) with LX from CDG this year.
All these flights departed from the gates where the SAS lounge is. I always arrived there around 6 AM and the SAS was still closed. Took a seat at the gate until boarding at 6.35 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Between Lufthansa Senator, Business and the *A Lounge what is the consensus on the best one to spend 2 hours in the afternoon?

The only lounge that I've used in CDG are some of the Air France ones.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Between Lufthansa Senator, Business and the *A Lounge what is the consensus on the best one to spend 2 hours in the afternoon?

The only lounge that I've used in CDG are some of the Air France ones.
Looking for an answer to the same question. I typically like LH SEN lounges, but never been to the one at CDG. Flying CDG-TXL in a couple weeks. *A lounge or SEN lounge? Any opinions?

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Based on sheer location, LH lounges are within the satellite where the gate will be.
Whereas *A lounge is in the main building on an upper floor which require take the lift walk around the terminal and use the underground passageway to reach the satellite.

Plus *A lounge lies within the International part of CDG1, so you'll need to check out of the Schengen zone to get to it (and without a proper boarding pass, good luck with the immigration officer).
Then, provided there is a long immigration queue (and assuming you don't have en EU passport or better paraphe access) when you have to get back to your boarding gate, you'd be in for a useless stress.

Stick to LH Senator. You won't miss much.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
Originally Posted by mogoy
Based on sheer location, LH lounges are within the satellite where the gate will be.
Whereas *A lounge is in the main building on an upper floor which require take the lift walk around the terminal and use the underground passageway to reach the satellite.

Plus *A lounge lies within the International part of CDG1, so you'll need to check out of the Schengen zone to get to it (and without a proper boarding pass, good luck with the immigration officer).
Then, provided there is a long immigration queue (and assuming you don't have en EU passport or better paraphe access) when you have to get back to your boarding gate, you'd be in for a useless stress.

Stick to LH Senator. You won't miss much.
Perfect. Just the info I needed. Thanks for responding!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by RockyMntFlyer
Looking for an answer to the same question. I typically like LH SEN lounges, but never been to the one at CDG. Flying CDG-TXL in a couple weeks. *A lounge or SEN lounge? Any opinions?

Thanks!
Glad someone answered you as well. I am flying CDG-TXL in Jan
Old Jan 20, 2014, 7:51 am

Hello,

I had posted asking about Star alliance lounges, and was directed here. Reading through this thread only part of my question was answered, and I'll re phrase my question here.

I'm flying
BKK-CDG Thai F (lands at CDG in Terminal 1)
CDG- YUL AC C (leaves from terminal 2)

From what I've read I won't be able to access the LH lounge, but will I be able to access the Star Alliance lounge in terminal 1 upon landing or will I be directed straight away to terminal 2 ? (In Terminal 2 there is only the Maple Leave Lounge)

Having arrived in F but connecting in C will I be able to access the Star Alliance F lounge or only the C lounge ?

Can anyone compare the *A lounge to the MLL ? Which has better Champagne/food and better showers ?

Thanks in advance !
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:46 am

double posting, sry.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:48 am

Landing in T1, you can't have access to any * lounge in T1 unless you have a BP departing from T1. So your only option is MLL in 2A.

Now I would rate *A lounge above MLL. MLL is a blind and cramped lounge. Decent cold food (some French cheese cut, which are rare in CDG lounges) but no champ, just as in *A lounge. But in the latter you do have sunlight (in some part of the lounge : the quiet zone) and have a smoking outdoor section.

As for shower, I can't remember for MLL, but there are in *A FWIW.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
For me, food is MUCH better in the MLL. More refined and more choice. As regards the drinks, no real difference but I am not a bar expert....
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
Looking for some help with planning my connection in CDG T1. I’ll be arriving on UA from ORD, connecting to LH to TXL. The connection is 11 hours so I was planning on going into Paris for a few hours.

Arriving non-Schengen, is it possible to use the *A lounge to freshen up, then go through passport control and leave the airport, or will we be ushered through passport control into the Schengen area immediately? Travelling J so should have Fast Track immigration cards, if that makes a difference.

Thank you.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:08 pm

I just arrived CDG from EWR and you pretty much get ushered into having to go through CBP even if connecting (from what I saw of the signs and how everything looked) so I'm not sure that you'll be able to swing by the *A lounge...but maybe if you already have your CDG-TXL BP.

Also as far as I know there isn't a Fast Track card at CDG...all the times I've flown into there on UA J I haven't seen/received anything.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 8:05 am

I heard a delicious rumor that there are macarons at the *Alliance F lounge. True?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Tifosi
Looking for some help with planning my connection in CDG T1. I’ll be arriving on UA from ORD, connecting to LH to TXL. The connection is 11 hours so I was planning on going into Paris for a few hours.

Arriving non-Schengen, is it possible to use the *A lounge to freshen up, then go through passport control and leave the airport, or will we be ushered through passport control into the Schengen area immediately? Travelling J so should have Fast Track immigration cards, if that makes a difference.

Thank you.
The answer is yes, arriving pax mix with departing pax at the level from which you take the lift to the lounge.

After deplaning, you go through a tunnel on a moving walkway. You arrive then at the level where you have to look for the lounge signage (you have to take a lift). Do not proceed at this stage to border control which is also located at this level : or it would be more difficult to reenter the transit area without a non-schengen bp.

You should have you bp or mobile bp with you, and I don't think there is a connection desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.