Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Lounge at Paris CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by jacob_m
I just tried to enter the new Star Alliance lounge at CDG flying SAS and was also turned down on the basis that there is an SAS lounge (which is not much to write home about really).

I was rather polite and also speak fluent French (which usually help a fair bit in France) but that combined with some serious efforts quoting the general Star Alliance Gold rules didn't help.
The reception girl had some strange explanation of SAS not paying for my lounge access since there is an SAS lounge available. Having done lounge hopping at several airports around the world that explanation obviously did not make sense. If there is a global agreed lounge policy for *G members it should be enforced!
I should add that this was in the afternoon, far from rush hour at CDG and in the lounge.
Same problem - I was on an LH flight to Italy using UA *G card and I was not allowed in. Reason why UA does not pay/participates in the *G lounge... I tried to argue that I was on an LH flight therefore I should be allowed in but it did not work... my poor French did not help either
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:07 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
I think each of you should send complaint letters to UA management on this topic. Do they seriously think that MP members only fly to CDG on UA and return the same way? If this was the travel pattern, then just using the UA lounge makes sense. However, this never happens for me and I often find myself in a partner lounge.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
How can they even call this a Star Alliance lounge when it excludes three of the six founding members of the alliance from being able to use it? AC, SK, UA
Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by SQ77W
Hi there,

Am I right in assuming that until LH lounge reopens, *G flying LH have full access to the *A lounge?
Also I have read in some other threads that *A 1st class lounge access is only possible when flying 1st out of the location. I am flying LH FC CDG-LAX via FRA and of course CDG-FRA is C only. What is the situation in CDG? Anyone with similar exp?
Same here.

I'm arriving at CDG in F on TG, then connecting to LH in C, then MUC-LAX in F.

Do you think I'll be allowed into the F section, or just the Business side?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by macabus
I'm arriving at CDG in F on TG, then connecting to LH in C, then MUC-LAX in F. Do you think I'll be allowed into the F section, or just the Business side?
As per the rules, you should only have access to the Business Class lounge.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 4:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Not so sure, since there is no Fclass between CDG and MUC. I used to be admitted in the Senator part of LH lounge at CDG when flying CDG-FRA in C then connecting in F at FRA.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by grenouille
Not so sure, since there is no Fclass between CDG and MUC. I used to be admitted in the Senator part of LH lounge at CDG when flying CDG-FRA in C then connecting in F at FRA.
mahasamatman is correct. Go to the Star Alliance web site and check the recently revised Star Alliance lounge access rules, or search this forum for them.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
I'll be arriving in CDG on a UA F ticket. Unfortunately UA closed their arrivals lounge. Are there any arrivals lounges with a shower than I can use upon arrival?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 3:44 pm

Unfortunately, no. I arrived in CDG on an F ticket 2 weeks ago from IAD and wanted a shower but was told there is none. I then went to the Star Alliance F lounge and was told I could only use the CDG Red Carpet Club. I asked the RCC receptionist if I could use the Star Alliance F lounge and after a couple of calls, I was allowed to do so. But there are no showers there. Bon voyage!
Old Mar 26, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KLM Gold, Emirates, EVA Silver& Accor A Club Silver
Denied access T1

Originally Posted by mahasamatman

That's what I thought, however I recently flew from Rio to Bangkok via Paris. Rio -Paris was with Air france, the Paris - bangkok leg was with Thai airways.

I have been a Star Alliance Gold member with BMI for the past 4 years and was told at the Star Alliance Lounge in Terminal 1 I was not entitled entry.

This was the 1st time I heard this as I was flying on a Star alliance flight. Apparently BMI and some other airlines were not allowed in.... so what's the point of joining a stupid alliance programme.

Currently awaiting a reply from BMI.

However cannot get in touch with Star Alliance, does anyone have a contact email address for them.

Will post all correspondance on this subject.
Old May 1, 2009, 4:12 am

Hilarious.

First time in the *A Lounge at T1 CDG (usually in the AF lounge on 10th floor).

A waiter just brought out a plate of bread to great fanfare and swishiness, to the delight of the 6 or 7 people waiting.

With.... 5 small pieces of bread on it and a tiny plate of cheese.

I'll never knock the disgusting Air France toilets in their 10th floor lounge again. At least their podium of snacks makes the *A Lounge look like the shelves at Tesco on Christmas Eve.

On the other hand, the toilets are fantastic, and if you're lucky enough to be a lady, you get to see guys stood taking a pee, as the door's open and looks right at the urinals.

/thumbs up /thumbs back down again

UPDATE

I've just since the drinks shelf too... one bottle of beefeater gin, one of bacardi, a cognac I've never heard of, and a bottle of blended whisky which they must've bought from the local Lidl's. Oh, and a bottle of creme de cassis, so I suppose that makes it alright.

Last edited by tlongdon; May 1, 2009 at 4:37 am
Old May 4, 2009, 6:08 am

Does anyone know if the BUSINESS CLASS lounge at CDG ( star alliance ) has showeres? Thanks
Old May 4, 2009, 11:11 am
hch

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
mahasamatman is correct. Go to the Star Alliance web site and check the recently revised Star Alliance lounge access rules, or search this forum for them.
I wonder if they do apply. The *A lounge access rules apply to *A carrier operated lounges. Now the questions is who actually operates the *A lounge in CDG and if it might not just qualify as a contract lounge despite all the confusing *A branding.
Old May 4, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
I was using the Star Alliance Lounge in CDG in March. Flew Y on TK but with Star Alliance Gold status via my SQ KF PPS status. Had no problem getting in but I agree with previous posters that variety of grub was very poor - cereal and cold pastries. Don't recall any juices. Granted it was very early in the morning - 0600ish, but the lack of hot or even warm grub was a

As for showers, for some reason I seem to remember one or two shower doors in the corridor on the way to the loos, separate from the main loos. I seem to recall them being the locked ones in which you need to get the key from the lounge dragons like at the Star Alliance Lounge in ZRH. But don't quote me on that.
Old May 9, 2009, 1:02 pm

Thanks for your reply.. But for sure.. does anyone know for sure if there are showers at the CDG lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.