Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Lounge Dublin--can I use?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Lounge Dublin--can I use?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:03 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by patty canuck
I was on DUB-PHL in between Christmas and New Years Eve as a *G (A3) in Economy. The check in agent (appears contract) said I had access to the DAA lounge just past the AerLingus lounge. I proceeded to the lounge where they accepted me after taking the short stub of my boarding pass "as required by them".

I returned a few days later to DUB then a few days after that, I was on an itinerary that was on UA DUB-IAD-YYZ with my wife and two kids (all four of us are *G with A3) and the check in agent was pretty sure we had no access to the DAA lounge with our *G status.

Unfortunately, I didn't ask about UA passenger admission during my US sortie.

Has anyone else had a similar experience - i.e. one *A airline being allowed while another not in Dublin - not being sure of the alliances between UA and the DAA or US and the DAA?
UA do not provide lounge access for *Gs at DUB. Only BusinessFirst get lounge access. As the DAA lounge is a contract lounge it is up to the respective airlines to stipulate the rules.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:16 pm

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
same question here...not happy with the answer though
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Don't wanna revive a dead thread, just wanted to double check after the lounge finder came up empty. Is there *G (via AC) lounge access at DUB?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:37 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Don't wanna revive a dead thread, just wanted to double check after the lounge finder came up empty. Is there *G (via AC) lounge access at DUB?
You don't say what your route is, so for completeness there are a couple of possibilities but I believe the same answer.

Since the demise of BD, AC has codeshared with EI for DUB-LHR services connecting to an AC TATL. Even if in J for the TATL, the codeshare will book into the lowest available fare bucket, so no advance seat selection and no lounge access.

They also run a Rouge service direct to YYZ, and - whilst I have no personal experience - I don't believe there's any lounge provision made. To do so would go somewhat against the entire concept of Rouge anyway, of course.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:51 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Most *A airlines serving DUB, with the exception of United, offer *G lounge access. As they are all departing from T1, except UA, the lounge will be the DAA lounge.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
You don't say what your route is, so for completeness there are a couple of possibilities but I believe the same answer.

Since the demise of BD, AC has codeshared with EI for DUB-LHR services connecting to an AC TATL. Even if in J for the TATL, the codeshare will book into the lowest available fare bucket, so no advance seat selection and no lounge access.

They also run a Rouge service direct to YYZ, and - whilst I have no personal experience - I don't believe there's any lounge provision made. To do so would go somewhat against the entire concept of Rouge anyway, of course.
I have gotten access to the DAA lounge flying Rogue in Y to YYZ with OZ *G, however my BP didn't scan and the lounge agents were rather confused but they decided to let me in anyway (I presented my *G card and they had a list of *A airlines on the desk with them and one spotted that Asiana was on it so they let me in, but YMMV).
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kiwicanuck
Just remember to give yourself enough time to Pre-Clear US Immigration when leaving the lounge as things can get backed up as a lot of people do not realise you pre-clear US Immigration in DUB. It should be noted however that you do not pre-clear customs as you would in Canada, so you still need to hand the blue form to the customs officer upon arrival.
I flew DUB-EWR yesterday and pre-cleared customs just like Canada. Actually, even better since your bag is long gone before you even see the customs officer. No idea if they will actually go grab a bag to check if you have stuff you didn't declare (but I always declare!).

And as another poster answered, there is no access to a lounge after pre-clear unless you are flying Biz class.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:32 pm

Hmm, I'm confused. I appreciate the answers but that DAA Executive Lounge seems to indicate I'd be ok. But then Ronlap had a different experience.

I didn't think route was important, but I'm flying DUB-YVR on ACr travelling economy. So I would be relying solely on the *G for entry.

Just wondering if anyone has a definitive answer. If there's a lounge pre pre-clear, cool, if there's one post pre-clear, even better.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:22 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Hmm, I'm confused. I appreciate the answers but that DAA Executive Lounge seems to indicate I'd be ok. But then Ronlap had a different experience.

I didn't think route was important, but I'm flying DUB-YVR on ACr travelling economy. So I would be relying solely on the *G for entry.

Just wondering if anyone has a definitive answer. If there's a lounge pre pre-clear, cool, if there's one post pre-clear, even better.
There's no preclearance for DUB-YVR; Rogue uses T1 while US flights are in T2.

Re lounge access all I can say is that I was let into the DAA lounge with *G flying Y in Rogue DUB-YYZ, but the agents were pretty confused and there doesn't seem to be any explicit provision for it, so I'd just go and give it a try but wouldn't be surprised if you're turned away.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
There's no preclearance for DUB-YVR; Rogue uses T1 while US flights are in T2.

Re lounge access all I can say is that I was let into the DAA lounge with *G flying Y in Rogue DUB-YYZ, but the agents were pretty confused and there doesn't seem to be any explicit provision for it, so I'd just go and give it a try but wouldn't be surprised if you're turned away.
Copy, thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:31 am

Yup can confirm AC *G grants access to the DAA lounge and the fast track security, which was great cuz security queue was insane at 830am.

Not sure why the star alliance lounge finder doesn't show it when I enter that criteria but hey, it's not the first time and that's why I asked in the first place.

But yes, make sure you bring your card. She took my BP, wasn't good enough, said she needed to number, which I recited, still not good enough. She didn't even swipe the card, but refused to just take the number.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
EWR-DUB-GLA

So—I’m flying in Polaris on UA23 to DUB and leaving DUB for GLA three hours later assuming on time arrival on a Stobert ATR72 turbo supposedly from an “M” gate.

Whats the best lounge—preferably one with a shower....?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tryathlete
So—I’m flying in Polaris on UA23 to DUB and leaving DUB for GLA three hours later assuming on time arrival on a Stobert ATR72 turbo supposedly from an “M” gate.

Whats the best lounge—preferably one with a shower....?
You have no lounge access on the basis of premium seat or status. No arrival lounge (unless travelling EI business). And no departure lounge either.
You could purchase access to the DAA lounge in T2, but it has no showers. EUR25.00

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Feb 15, 2019 at 9:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.