Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Overview of Star Silver Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overview of Star Silver Status

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
One to add, under the "Other" category, for MS Plus, is 50% discount on the charge for 1 x extra piece of luggage, which only applies for MS flights.

Additionally, having reached the 30 000 miles to attain Silver status, you only need to accrue 15 000 miles, over the course of 2 years from the date of achieving Silver, to retain it, not the 30 000 per years, stated in the chart.

Details can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/m6v7z92

Last edited by GlenP; Apr 30, 2017 at 2:18 am Reason: Long URL notinitially displayed so replaced with Tiny URL
Old May 14, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by byrnesyliam
Not sure if this is the right spot for it, but I didn't travel much last year so got bumped *S from *G. I am about to do a mammoth trip with lots of layovers and I am wondering about getting a priority pass for lounge access. Is there anywhere a list of *S lounges somewhere?
*S lounge access are usually offer when passenger flies the FFP's metal (e.g LH Group). While some *S doesn't offer lounge access to their members (e.g SQ).
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:01 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Jma12
*S lounge access are usually offer when passenger flies the FFP's metal (e.g LH Group). While some *S doesn't offer lounge access to their members (e.g SQ).
Right. I just made *S with OZ and they deposited 2 Business Class Lounge entries, but only good at OZ's ICN lounge apparently..
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by rbAA
Right. I just made *S with OZ and they deposited 2 Business Class Lounge entries, but only good at OZ's ICN lounge apparently..
Yes, IMO this make LH group's *S more valuable, especially if one is base in Europe, and flies lowest fare within the LH group.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes, it is, but then again, requirements to earn M&M FTL (*S) is basically comparable to earning FlyingBlue Gold... so it better be valuable...
Old Jan 14, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
When did *S get so devalued? I remember getting priority boarding as recently as two years ago, but now it seems I get relatively few benefits across the alliance. Does anyone have any insights into why they reduced the status so drastically?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcmike
When did *S get so devalued? I remember getting priority boarding as recently as two years ago, but now it seems I get relatively few benefits across the alliance. Does anyone have any insights into why they reduced the status so drastically?
*S only provides priority boarding and other "real" benefits on the airline you earned *S with. There is 1 exception to this, United, which still provides all Premier Access benefits to any *S (priority boarding, check-in, security, and baggage handling).

But this has been the same for years.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
*S only provides priority boarding and other "real" benefits on the airline you earned *S with. There is 1 exception to this, United, which still provides all Premier Access benefits to any *S (priority boarding, check-in, security, and baggage handling).

But this has been the same for years.
Interesting - I got it boarding an A3 flight in CPH in 2016, but maybe was a fluke. I am going to just have to work and get my OZ Diamond back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.