Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

19 flights, 8 countries, 6 *A airlines...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2008, 3:56 am
Original Poster

.... and one short reward OW flight....

Just returned from a marvellous trip.... purpose was actually attending a competition in New Mexico but with knowledge gained here on FT I "maximised" the travel/FF benefits at little additional cost.. This was after getting to *Gold for the first time.. again assisted by info on these forums...

Flew in C on NZ (and on an NZ codeshare with FJ - all cert/points upgrades)... paid C on OZ, SQ and AC.... Domestic F on US (x 6 ..and they were fine! Really!) and Y on UA, US and ZK (UA codeshare).. and of course the reward flight on CX...

I plan to do a TR on the FJ flight LAX-NAN as soon as I upload the photos...there seems to be little info available about that airline... but for now I just wanted to mention a few things..

1. One significant delay. Just one. ^ CLT-BDL on US. About an hour twenty or so onboard... kept updated and "entertained" with pre flight drinkies...

2. Priority tags worked without fail throughout the trip. No kidding. Without fail... (Yup.. I checked TWO bags on most flights - Shock horror!))

3. SQ's new C is bloody good....

4. I Like the E90...

5. My "US" experience was more than acceptable - and involved both PHX and CLT based crews... and I spoke to a number of folks on these flights who (also?) thought US was "making a real effort"...

6. MNL is an armpit. TBIT is an armpit. ()

7. I remain happy with my choice of NZ as FFP and "main" airline... (Why wouldn't I? I am "batting a thousand" on upgrades this year....)

..and to cap it off... I picked up my second "world title" at the competition...^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.