Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

New OZ F (NRT-ICN-LAX) Over UA F (NRT-LAX)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2008, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!

I recently learned that OZ is using its newly configured 747 with all new F suites 6 days a week and I have the option of flying OZ F NRT-ICN-LAX or flying UA F direct from NRT-LAX.

The thing with OZ is that it leaves NRT at 9AM with a 5 hour layover in ICN where as UA leave NRT at 5:30pm so I will have an additional 8 hours to spend in Japan. Is it worth the hassle and long layover to fly new OZ F?

(And no, NH F or SQ F isn't an option)

Last edited by BlissWorld; May 29, 2008 at 11:28 pm
Old May 29, 2008, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I definitely would, especially if you haven't done it before. ICN is very nice and has very nice lounges, so it should be easy to pass the time. If you have the time, definitely do it IMO.
Old May 29, 2008, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I definitely would, especially if you haven't done it before. ICN is very nice and has very nice lounges, so it should be easy to pass the time. If you have the time, definitely do it IMO.
I am very tempted to do it
Old May 29, 2008, 11:54 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Blissworld check out this thread I posted a few weeks ago w/ a similar question albeit about UA F vs. OZ C, it may be helpfull.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820328
Old May 30, 2008, 7:22 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I would fly ANY airlines F ahead of UA's.
Old May 30, 2008, 11:49 am

OZ F in the new aircraft will be miles, and miles, and miles, ahead of UA. In every aspect. I would definitely do it.

PS. Is there no flight that is later with a shorter layover at ICN, or is it full? 5 hours is a bit long at ICN - roughly 2 hours would be more than enough, unless you're crazy into duty-free shopping.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
OZ F in the new aircraft will be miles, and miles, and miles, ahead of UA. In every aspect. I would definitely do it.

PS. Is there no flight that is later with a shorter layover at ICN, or is it full? 5 hours is a bit long at ICN - roughly 2 hours would be more than enough, unless you're crazy into duty-free shopping.
Unfortunately, there is only 1 flight from Narita into Incheon early in the day. The rest either has too short of a connection or flies out of the other Tokyo airport or into Gimpo Even those don't have much of an advantage over time.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I would fly ANY airlines F ahead of UA's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.