Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

How do I get this great deal ticketed?

Old May 23, 08, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others

Hey guys,

I have found a great F fare from CMB-HNL on CI (ITA). The fare rules allow to combine any other airline with that fare.

So, I want to combine a CMB-SIN-NRT on SQ (codeshare with NH; inbound on A380, outbound on UA), which is about 1,600 euro with the CI ticket from NRT-HNL. The CI ticket, mainly CI flights, is about 1,200 euro.

When I want to get this ticketed, then do I need to contact the airline (CI) directly or do I have to find a TA in CMB. If I need a TA in CMB, any suggestions on a reliable TA in CMB?

Here are the CI fare rules:

General notes:

FIRST CLASS UNRESTRICTED FARES F
Between THE UNITED STATES and AREA 3 FOR ONE WAY FARES

Flight restrictions:

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA EACH
TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY CI FLIGHT.

Stopovers:

UNLIMITED FREE STOPOVERS PERMITTED.
NO STOPOVER OCCURS IF PASSENGER TAKES NEXT AVAILABLE
FLIGHT WITHIN 24 HOURS.

Combinability restrictions:

DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED.
ADD-ONS PERMITTED.
END-ON-END
ORIGINATING AREA 3
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
COMPONENTS. FARES MUST BE SHOWN SEPARATELY ON THE
TICKET. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA THE POINT OF COMBINATION.
OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE TRIPS
ORIGINATING AREA 3
FARES MAY BE COMBINED ON A HALF ROUND TRIP BASIS
-TO FORM SINGLE OR DOUBLE OPEN JAWS/ROUND TRIPS/CIRCLE
TRIPS.
PROVIDED -
COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY ONE WAY FARE FOR ANY CARRIER
IN ANY RULE AND TARIFF.
ORIGINATING AREA 3
COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY ROUND TRIP FARE FOR ANY
CARRIER IN ANY RULE AND TARIFF.
Old May 24, 08, 6:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
If it needs to go on a paper ticket then you'll have to find a travel agent in CMB to ticket it. If it can be issued as an eticket then you might be able to get away with expedia uk, quite a few people too advantage of last winter's CMB deal by booking etickets there.

Good luck with getting ticketed on SQ's A380. I don't know how possible that will be on a CI ticket since SQ charges surcharges on the 380 and 77W for premium classes. I can see the fare and the routing on the 380, but I don't see SQ's surcharge built in when you click the fare details.

EDIT: I tried to find a place to book it online and it won't do it because you're mixing classes. The NRT-HNL flights are only offered in C but you're booking the CMB-SIN-NRT in F. You're going to have to get a travel agent to book this for you. It can be easily booked online if you settle for C class however.

Please don't call the airline, this is likely an old fare that they have forgotten about that will get pulled if they are called. On top of that, they are unlikely to ticket it for you if you call them and their rate desk decides its too low since fares are only guaranteed once ticketed.

Last edited by dvs7310; May 24, 08 at 9:14 am
Old May 24, 08, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[reminder]

Don't call the airlines.
[/reminder]
Old Jun 2, 08, 10:55 pm

Programs: QFF
why site did you try for the booking.
Book as a multicity fare or normal oneway?
Old Jun 3, 08, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Originally Posted by flo_147 View Post
Hey guys,

I have found a great F fare from CMB-HNL on CI (ITA). The fare rules allow to combine any other airline with that fare.

So, I want to combine a CMB-SIN-NRT on SQ (codeshare with NH; inbound on A380, outbound on UA), which is about 1,600 euro with the CI ticket from NRT-HNL. The CI ticket, mainly CI flights, is about 1,200 euro.

When I want to get this ticketed, then do I need to contact the airline (CI) directly or do I have to find a TA in CMB. If I need a TA in CMB, any suggestions on a reliable TA in CMB?
1. You have to find an agency to issue the ticket.

DO NOT call CI

2. Beware that if you issue the ticket through online web ticketing, it may default to SQ issuing document as its the first carrier. Beware that SQ is clamping down on ALL bookings that are issued through (mainly) expedia and will throughly scrutunise the fare when you check in in CMB.

3. TA in CMB may not issue the ticket for you unless they have a CRS that will guarantee the fare. CRS's guarantees work very different in asia. Most agencies run on ABACUS, and ABACUS does not guarantee the fare which means TAs are not protected if they issue the ticket. They will have to call the airlines in this case SQ to ask them to price the ticket and you know what that is going to do.
Old Jun 4, 08, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post

3. TA in CMB may not issue the ticket for you unless they have a CRS that will guarantee the fare. CRS's guarantees work very different in asia. Most agencies run on ABACUS, and ABACUS does not guarantee the fare which means TAs are not protected if they issue the ticket. They will have to call the airlines in this case SQ to ask them to price the ticket and you know what that is going to do.
I'm always learning something new from you.
Old Jun 17, 08, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
A European TA or a CMB based?

Search this Thread