Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*G lounge access USA-Central America

Old Apr 18, 08, 10:14 am
Original Poster

I'm a UA *G flying US (in Y ) heading from PHL-SJO. Do I receive *A lounge access? Just want to confirm since I know Canada, Mexico and Caribbean "don't count" and am hoping to find some confirmation that I can point to if the lounge dragons give me trouble. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 20, 08, 5:08 pm

Programs: Free Agent
US considers SJO as Caribbean so you will not get *G access - you only have access if you have some sort of paid membership to the clubs.
Old Apr 21, 08, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I guess you only missed out on some stale pretzels and water.
Old Apr 25, 08, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Update

Went to the US lounge in PHL and the lounge guardian denied entrance. I told her that I thought I should be allowed access, as only Canada, Mexico and Caribbean are not considered "international" destinations and SJO is Central America. She placed a phone call and whomever she spoke with confirmed that I should indeed be allowed access.
Old Apr 25, 08, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thelark View Post
Update

Went to the US lounge in PHL and the lounge guardian denied entrance. I told her that I thought I should be allowed access, as only Canada, Mexico and Caribbean are not considered "international" destinations and SJO is Central America. She placed a phone call and whomever she spoke with confirmed that I should indeed be allowed access.
Woot. Ballar. Nice work. Hope you enjoyed the stale pretzels and tap water.
Old Dec 3, 13, 9:38 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
bump - I flew to SJO recently as a UA * G, and I went to the Avianca lounge in the international terminal. The lady at the desk initially denied me entry and said it was a first class lounge only.

On my way out of the lounge, I saw that they had a Star Alliance Gold symbol, so I went back and made my case again (told her I was Gold on United). She made a phone call to verify if I could go in, and eventually let me in.

The lounge itself was large and clean, and you got a ticket for 1 free alcoholic drink.

Search this Thread