Wiki Posts
Search

BKK to LHR choices

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
BKK to LHR choices

Need a little advice. Had a recent post about RTW ticket on C but couldn't get easily from PVG to LHR on *A carrier on the day in late May that I need to travel. After looking in all the available C seats, choices are down to PVG-BKK on TG, then from BKK to either FRA-LHR on LH or BKK-CPH-LHR on SAS. No other routing choices on *A that I could find. I want a midnight flight. TG and SQ both sold out. Other suggested choices like NH via NRT, or NZ via HKG would cost a day (have to overnight). All flights out of PVG are daytime flight and want to avoid. The is one LH flight to FRA but sold out.

So SAS or LH from BKK? Preferences? Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 2:40 pm

After looking in all the available C seats, choices are down to PVG-BKK on TG, then from BKK to either FRA-LHR on LH or BKK-CPH-LHR on SAS. No other routing choices on *A that I could find. I want a midnight flight.
If you go from PVG up to PEK, then there are midnight/0100-ish flights from there. TK via IST or CA to FRA.

From PVG there is a midnight flight on CA to MXP and connect through from there as well. Whilst it's not midnight, an early evening flight SHA-HKG will connect with NZ's HKG-LHR.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NZ's flight is in the morning..
Old Apr 14, 2008, 5:41 am

Indeed - slight brain burp. Apologies.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by Dinky SAN
After looking in all the available C seats, choices are down to PVG-BKK on TG, then from BKK to either FRA-LHR on LH or BKK-CPH-LHR on SAS. No other routing choices on *A that I could find. I want a midnight flight.
Lots of *A flights leave BKK around midnight for Europe:

What about OS BKK-VIE-LHR or LCY, much easier connection at VIE than either FRA or CPH, much nicer food than LH or SK, although no AVOD

Or LX BKK-ZRH-LHR or LCY, either on the LX flight or the slightly later TG codeshare (...which always has copious numbers of empty C seats)

Or TG BKK-CPH or ARN or MUC or FRA for that matter, with *A connection to LHR or LCY? Full fare C on the CPH and ARN routes get the old, but fully-flat F seats in the nose, if I remember correctly, but I'd definitely check by asking on the Thai FT board

Or TK BKK-IST-LHR or STN. Can't vouch for seat or service though
Old Apr 14, 2008, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by kt74
Or TG BKK-CPH or ARN or MUC or FRA for that matter, with *A connection to LHR or LCY? Full fare C on the CPH and ARN routes get the old, but fully-flat F seats in the nose, if I remember correctly, but I'd definitely check by asking on the Thai FT board
I can confirm that with any business class ticket on TG to CPH or ARN you will be seated in the old fully-flat F seat in front cabin (the nose) of the 747. Service will be great but no AVOD.

If AVOD is a priority you could take SK via ARN or CPH. Nice seats and food and friendly/relaxed FAs. I prefer SK rather than LH, but their C class products are very similar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.