Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Where Does UA Fly That Has Cheap RTW Fares?

Old Jan 24, 08, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /LH /DL /SQ /TG /AA /QF

I need a RTW ticket, and I'm sitting on a zillion UA miles. What I'd like to do is cash in a non-saver award on UA to a city that has cheap(ish) RTW prices, and purchase the ticket there (SGN comes to mind, as BKK has gone up so much in price).

Any suggestions as to the best UA city? I don't have any preference as to Europe, Asia, S. America, etc. I'm posting this question here as I *think* this is more a *A question that a UA question...

Will
Old Jan 24, 08, 8:47 am

Programs: AC 50K 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly View Post
I need a RTW ticket, and I'm sitting on a zillion UA miles. What I'd like to do is cash in a non-saver award on UA to a city that has cheap(ish) RTW prices, and purchase the ticket there (SGN comes to mind, as BKK has gone up so much in price).

Any suggestions as to the best UA city? I don't have any preference as to Europe, Asia, S. America, etc. I'm posting this question here as I *think* this is more a *A question that a UA question...

Will
NRT or HKG, I have posted the current prices for both cities just recently here.
Old Jan 24, 08, 1:31 pm

What class of travel do you want your RTW to be in? The answer to your question will be better answered if this is known.

Also check out the RTW Pricing spreadsheet at the top of the forum in one of the sticky's. Easy to compare pricing by country of origin. Once you have a shortlist of cities where they're cheap to start from, then you can work on the UA angle - or go the Star Reward option.
Old Jan 24, 08, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /LH /DL /SQ /TG /AA /QF
ACflyerDE, Thanks for the fast reply - VERY helpful, sorry I missed it!

Al B, I'm looking for 1st class only; I did look at the stickies, but as near as I could tell, the pricing spreadsheet looked like it was last updated in May '07, and with recent currency fluctuations (e.g., USD tanking against just about everything...) plus not knowing what price changes there may have been, led me to ask.

Thanks you two!

Wil
Old Jan 24, 08, 9:09 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
It's my spreadsheet. The far left columns are in the local currency. You can update the exchange rates as necessary, but the prices haven't changes as far as I can tell.

Chris

Search this Thread