FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   *G Lounge access at MXP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/775481-g-lounge-access-mxp.html)

DeltaG Jan 5, 2008 11:56 am

*G Lounge access at MXP

Does anyone know the lounge situation at MXP? I will be flying on LH and then connecting to United metal at FRA to the states. I found only very old threads in the archives with contradictory information.

lucky9876coins Jan 5, 2008 12:01 pm

According to the Lufthansa website there are both a Senator and Business lounge. Depending on how this station chooses to enforce/make the rules, you may have access to the Senator lounge but will definitely have access to the Business lounge.

FlyinHawaiian Jan 5, 2008 12:03 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I'm going to move this question into the Star Alliance Forum so travellers on other member airlines will be able to assist as well.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum

mikew99 Jan 5, 2008 1:30 pm

I've flown out of MXP a few times (most recently in September 2007). There is definitely an LH lounge airside, and I have had no problem accessing the LH lounge as a 1K (*G). I don't remember LH having separate Senator/Business lounges, though; perhaps there are just 2 sides of the same lounge.

TEX277 Jan 5, 2008 4:03 pm

They do have two sections to the lounge. Left at the desk for the SEN lounge and right for the Business lounge. I actually prefer the Business lounge as it is much more spacious. Food is marginally better in the SEN lounge but that does not make up (at least IMHO) for the ability to hear others in there eating their food (pet peeve of mine).

DeltaG Jan 5, 2008 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by TEX277 (Post 9011317)
They do have two sections to the lounge. Left at the desk for the SEN lounge and right for the Business lounge. I actually prefer the Business lounge as it is much more spacious. Food is marginally better in the SEN lounge but that does not make up (at least IMHO) for the ability to hear others in there eating their food (pet peeve of mine).

Thanks for the info. As a *G does one have a choice of lounges or do they direct you to the business lounge?

TEX277 Jan 6, 2008 3:49 am

Originally Posted by DeltaG (Post 9012228)
Thanks for the info. As a *G does one have a choice of lounges or do they direct you to the business lounge?

Both times that I have visited, I have held a F BP for the connecting flight from FRA - so no personal experience re: *G access. However, the lounge access info on LH's website indicates that as a *G you are eligible to use either the SEN or Business lounge.

Cheerfulflyer Jan 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Is this or are there other lounges in the NON-Schengen area of the airport (Terminal 1B)?

more4less Jan 17, 2011 10:38 pm

In the past there was a lounge with a Sen section and a Biz section.
Arround two years ago it was reconverted and now is all a Biz Lounge where you can access with *G, Sen, Biz Class ticket,...

I do not think there is another LH/*A lounge in the Non-shenghen area, but distances are small so you will be fine using the mentioned lounge.

PaxCGN Feb 11, 2011 5:56 pm

don't turn left

The problem with this lounge is that if you turn left it offers alomst nothing, if you turn right it offers marginal (LH-standard) food.
It has been stated here that left is SEN and right is business. I doubt this.
But the lounge dragons pay no notice of your status and send everyone to the left anyway. Go right (in this case)!

Cheerfulflyer Feb 11, 2011 10:10 pm

At MXP on my mid-morning flight out on CO, I was given a lounge pass to a contract lounge. Food options were minimal: crossaints, yogurt and cereal. No eggs or hot/cooked food options. Free internet!