Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW in C or F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2008, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70
Looks like Japan does a C RTW, 29,000 miles for less than 6,000 USD now.
C RTW1 ex-Japan costs 656,300 yen, or US$6,134 at the current exchange rate of 107. (The same ticket bought last summer would have cost less than US$5,500.)
Old Jan 19, 2008, 2:32 am

Programs: lost all status during pandemic...
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Well, when I was purchasing my RTW in CGK, I was told the same thing by the SQ, TG & UA offices. All 3 airlines were quite clear, adamant, and consistent about who gets to issue the ticket.

For your UA-issued ticket ex-BKK, was UA the carrier that took you over water on a transcontinental flight? If so, that'd explain why they issued it for you. (Same thing for the AC-issued ticket.) If not, there are obviously inconsistencies in how different markets have different rules or interpretation thereof.
I booked one last year (RTW C) via AC ex NRT and didn't actually have ANY AC flights on that RTW. AC had no problem assisting me and ticketing me. All tickets issued on AC stock too.

I would agree with others about Japan being very cheap. All-in, with taxes and surcharges, my CRTWSTAR1 cost $7k CDN. It was cheaper to book it and then book another return ticket to NRT to start the trip than to book a RTW ex USA or ex Canada...

J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.