FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Thoughts on lounges in LAX - which one's better? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/771548-thoughts-lounges-lax-ones-better.html)

Pseudo Nim Dec 24, 2007 2:10 pm

Thoughts on lounges in LAX - which one's better?

Hey all,

Going to be stopping by LAX going/coming back from RAR in a few days... being *G, I suppose I could probably go to most lounges (?), so was wondering if anybody can recommend any that stand out particularly. AFAIK, UA has one, NZ has one, AC has one, and probably others? Any thoughts/suggestions welcome! (I'm flying out of LAX on NZ, returning NZ transferring to AC).

Cheers,

-pN

CPMaverick Dec 24, 2007 2:15 pm

Well, your only choice is the lounges in your outgoing terminal, and that rules out UA, as its LAX terminals are not connected to Terminal 2 past security.

I've never been in T2 and that question would be better suited to AC or NZ forums.

The _Banking_Scot Dec 24, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi ,

Both NZ and AC IIRC use Terminal 2 and have lounges past security so with your *G you could try both.

The AC lounge is not bad at all in my opinion ( have not tried the NZ lounge)

Regards

TBS

Pseudo Nim Dec 24, 2007 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick (Post 8949699)
Well, your only choice is the lounges in your outgoing terminal, as the UA LAX terminals are not connected to Terminal 2 past security.

Ack, that's a pretty good point, eh, I always forget that part. :( Looks like my only choices are the AC Maple Leaf lounge and NZ, eh. NZ it is, then :)

Pseudo Nim Dec 24, 2007 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 8949706)
Hi ,

Both NZ and AC IIRC use Terminal 2 and have lounges past security so with your *G you could try both.

The AC lounge is not bad at all in my opinion ( have not tried the NZ lounge)

Regards

TBS

Yup, I always forget that once you're past security, that's the end of the line for variety. I've mostly travelled from/to Canada, so well used to Maple Leaf, was looking for other choices... guess not that many. Thanks though!

FlyinHawaiian Dec 24, 2007 2:22 pm

Moving this to the * Alliance Forum.

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum

Kiwi Flyer Dec 25, 2007 12:10 am

NZ lounge is much much better than AC lounge. You should be able to access this when flying to RAR (unless the lounge is already full), but most likely on the return be directed to the AC lounge next door.

Other LAX lounges are not available to you as they are all airside in different terminals, and you need BP for same day departing flight from that terminal to get airside.