Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Help with a *A Itinerary DEN-DRW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat

Ok, so I want to accumulate and fly on *A -- any recommendations on a DEN-DRW itinerary? Using the *A website, DRW is not served by any carriers, but I am looking for advice on connections and service to DRW to maximize my *A travel (I will be traveling on a business ticket) and comfort.

Presently, I see that the most logical is:
UA: DEN-SFO/LAX-SYD
QF: SYD-DRW

I certainly wanted to try NZ's product, but it does not look favorable with 3 stops. I would like to keep it to a 2 stop trip.

Any help / sharing of experiences is appreciated.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the minimal stopover is utmost of importance to you then I'm afraid you are stuck with the UA option. For my preference I would definately take the 3 stop via Air NZ.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 1:42 am

Try SQ to SIN and then grab a ultra cheap fare SIN-DRW return on SQ's LCC offshoot Tiger Airways. More miles to SIN, only 1 or 2 stops en-route and, well, if it's a choice of SQ v UA.................say no more. Tiger's fares will also be a heck of a lot cheaper from SIN - DRW than what you would be able to get on QF SYD - DRW more than likely.

**** If you are travelling 01FEB-31MAR next year, Tiger announced today they are giving away 20,000 $0 fares [pay for taxes] via their website. That includes the DRW-SIN sector. Be quick - only on offer 17-19 Dec. Still several $0 fares coming up in both directions as available on scattered dates through Feb - didn't go through March.
Even if you can't get a $0 fare on the day you want, there are plenty of SGD79 and up fares in each direction on offer. ****

Cheers.

Last edited by Al B; Dec 18, 2007 at 1:50 am
Old Dec 20, 2007, 1:01 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
If you want to get as close as possible to DRW on *A, another option would be to fly DEN-SFO/LAX-AKL-CNS on UA/NZ then connect to DRW on QF

Last edited by mad_atta; Dec 20, 2007 at 1:04 am Reason: Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.