Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Can you upfare RTW mid-trip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:12 am
Original Poster

In the middle of RTW and need to fly on flights that have A but no D. Anyone successfully upfare in the middle of RTW? Do you need to pay the D to A delta for the entire trip or a pro rated amount? Appreciate your help and input.

Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:19 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by #10
In the middle of RTW and need to fly on flights that have A but no D. Anyone successfully upfare in the middle of RTW? Do you need to pay the D to A delta for the entire trip or a pro rated amount? Appreciate your help and input.
At the top of this Forum is a sticky thread called '*A Useful Reference Links'. There you will find the official RTW rules, which explain what happens in your situation. Anyone taking a *A RTW should have at least a passing familiarity with this document.

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henry999
At the top of this Forum is a sticky thread called '*A Useful Reference Links'. There you will find the official RTW rules, which explain what happens in your situation. Anyone taking a *A RTW should have at least a passing familiarity with this document.

cheers,

Henry
Thanks, Henry, for the help. Viewing the titles of these threads, I have difficulty choosing one that will answer my question. Would you be kind enough to point me in a direction?

*A RTW
New RTW prices from 1 May 2007 and JayHawkCO's spreadsheet of May 2007 prices
New RTW rules from 1 May 2007 and NZ version of rules (star special)
*A RTW Rule Changes 02JAN07
New RTW prices from 1 June 2006
*A RTW Comparison price chart 2005
*A RTW Rule Changes 15APR05
*A RTW allowable codeshares

*A FAQ
*A RTW Comparison price chart 2004
WearyBizTrvlr's RTW comparison spreadsheet (includes One World and Sky Team as well as *A)
*A RTW rules
*A RTW rules - from NZ this one seems to be the most up to date
RTW rules - from NZ
RTW rules - from SK

Alternative RTWs with *A Airlines (Compilation)

USA fare rules for TAs from NZ
*A product rules for TAs from NZ

Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:08 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by #10
Viewing the titles of these threads, I have difficulty choosing one that will answer my question.
Well, when there are sources dated 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 ... it shouldn't be too hard to figure out which to prefer, is it? How about

> New RTW rules from 1 May 2007 and NZ version of rules (star special)

???

(Although I do grant that

> *A RTW rules - from NZ this one seems to be the most up to date

might be seductive, the 'most up to date' tag is no longer operative, and probably should be removed.)

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:41 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
To answer your question, yes, you can.
I once was on a C RTW, and wanted to upgrade one leg.
The helpful SQ staff told me that it was possible to do so, by paying
the fare difference for the entire ticket between CRTW and FRTW!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Yep. I concur.

Am starting a RTW from CGK today to BKK via SIN. D was full and I was booked in Y and waitlisted but at check-in asked if I could upgrade to F. Was told that as it is a RTW ticket, no it cannot be done for one sector, but if I wanted, I could upgrade the entire ticket!

But then that's SQ. Some airlines might offer a fare differential between F and J and allow you to do that, but it all depends on who and where you ask (preferbly at the airport) as most ticketing offices will say the same thing as SQ.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:05 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by henry999
(Although I do grant that

> *A RTW rules - from NZ this one seems to be the most up to date

might be seductive, the 'most up to date' tag is no longer operative, and probably should be removed.)
fixed, and new version (effective 1 December 2007) linked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.