Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

What's the Star Alliance Gold Lounge in Dubai like?

What's the Star Alliance Gold Lounge in Dubai like?

Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 1k
I'm a *G heading to dubai on a United reservation, but next leg is on FlyDubai metal. Does that mean I lose *A lounge access?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Right. No lounge access.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
The LH lounge in DXB isn't too bad - infact, it's quite nice during non-peak hours. I used the lounge with my dad recently, he was *G on SIN and was let in without hassle; whereas I was LH SEN, but on MU to KMG - and asked whether I was allowed in (even though I really only had access to the AF/Marhaba/Whatever lounge E+ is entitled to); she was hesitant at first, but agreed to let me in which was nice of her.

Beats the AF lounge, thats for sure - however, they both beat waiting in the terminal!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:23 am

Are there showers in this (LH) lounge?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rmannion
Are there showers in this (LH) lounge?
I was there earlier this month, and can confirm that there are no showers in the LH lounge at DXB. The lounge had a decent selection of snacks and spirits, but not having a shower at what is the only Star Alliance lounge at DXB is a disappointment. Thankfully, I was able to access another lounge with my Priority Pass membership in order to take a shower.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Feb 25, 2014 at 1:21 pm
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:58 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Does anyone have experience of alcohol availability during Ramadan in the LH *G/Senator Lounge Dubai? Thanks.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 7:27 am
NoY

Anyone flown through in Ramadan this year? Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:00 am
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
Anyone flown through in Ramadan this year? Thanks.
I can answer my own question - the LH lounges does indeed serve alcohol at this time of year - was there at 6pm-ish & it was freely available. Great service in there from the staff too ^
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: AC/EK
Since the LH Lounge doesn't open until 18:00 are there any other lounges *A Gold can access? Marhaba?

I arrive on an EK flight at 13:45 and my SQ flight is at 20:00. Unfortunately, 6 hours is about the worst amount of time to have to kill in the airport unless I go run up a $100+ tab at McGettigan's (what I ended up doing last time I had a layover like this).
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Baldpacker
Since the LH Lounge doesn't open until 18:00 are there any other lounges *A Gold can access? Marhaba?

I arrive on an EK flight at 13:45 and my SQ flight is at 20:00. Unfortunately, 6 hours is about the worst amount of time to have to kill in the airport unless I go run up a $100+ tab at McGettigan's (what I ended up doing last time I had a layover like this).
I remember being given a lounge pass to a contract lounge upon check-in at DXB when on SQ (might have been Marhaba lounge). Other than that, the LH lounge is it for T1.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 11:02 am

Hello there, I will spend several hours in t1 in a few days (I guess 6 hours...) . A lounge with a shower is a must. Could you please tell me which one has one? I'm star gold. Thanks indeed!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:30 pm

Sorry for the (very) late post, but do I qualify for access to the *A Gold Lounge? I'm flying Air Canada J (DXB-YYZ)
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joer1212
Sorry for the (very) late post, but do I qualify for access to the *A Gold Lounge? I'm flying Air Canada J (DXB-YYZ)
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounges

You can use the Lufthansa lounge.

Deaprtures D,Mezzanine level above duty free area
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounges

You can use the Lufthansa lounge.

Deaprtures D,Mezzanine level above duty free area
Thanks.
Just wondering, is there still a *A lounge in Dubai? All the posts referring to it are from years ago. It hasn't recently been mentioned.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by joer1212
Thanks.
Just wondering, is there still a *A lounge in Dubai? All the posts referring to it are from years ago. It hasn't recently been mentioned.
Are you asking about a branded Star Alliance lounge like LAX, CDG or a lounge that *A gold can access?
You can plug and play with the link provided but I don't think you'll come up with any different info...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.