Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

star alliance lounge at lax and showers

Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:34 am
Original Poster

i came to the horrible realisation the other day, that when i am on my trip from hkg to lhr, on UA i will have an 8 hour wait in an airport without showers except in the elusive star alliance lounge, elusive that is, to UA travellers. I wonder if there is any way to access the lounge. I know that ive managed to access United Red Carpet Club (using membership card) at Frankfurt, when travelling on a flight to paris (intra-Europe) on a non-star carrier. It meant going thru security to get to the extra-Europe terminals and Security and Immigration didnt really know whether i would be allowed into the club. I told them i would worry about that, and that my membership card would get me in, just let me have a go. They did it quite cheerfully, checking my passport etc.
I wish i could figure out a way to repeat the process in LAX at christmas. We will be very uncomfortable by the time we get to LHR otherwise. And so will the people sitting near us!

Last edited by cranford; Dec 6, 2007 at 11:52 am
Old Nov 26, 2007, 11:56 am

Whilst not the answer you probably want to hear, I'd be tempted, especially for the amount of layover time you have, to grab a day-use web special rate room at one of the nearby airport hotels.
Anything beats hanging around T6/T7 or the Bradley for that amount of time.
Pamper yourself - go have an in-house spa treatment, grab an in-n-out burger etc etc.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No access airside at TBIT unless you buy a ticket for a flight departing from TBIT, and check in to get through security.

But if you can change LAX-LHR to be on NZ instead of UA - then you get to use the very nice NZ lounge, which does have good showers.

I have the same problem as you with several upcoming long transits flying UA & QF - ie showerless. I'll likely do what I've done many times before and book a day room at nearby hotel.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The cheaper option than booking a hotel room for a shower is to pay to use a gym -- a hotel gym often works -- that has showers. Just make sure to research it in advance.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 11:52 am
Original Poster

what a good idea! thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2007, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Thanks to GUWonder

GUWonder's idea to research a nearby gym with a shower is a great idea. Some have swimming pools too and that sounds like a better way to while away the hours vs. a long time the Bradley Terminal at LAX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.