Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Time for better *A facilities in FRA

Old Nov 18, 07, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Asia Miles, SPG Gold (life), HH Gold, Golden Circle Jade

What a disaster this place is becoming. I guess it's probably related to LHR being such a disaster and no-one wanting to fly through it. In search of a *A lounge this morning I ended up going through passport control 3 times, security twice, and the lounges are overflowing. Kind of defeats the purpose of *G and lounge access when you end up sitting on the floor of the Sen lounge with swarms of sharks looking for that first seat to open up.
Old Nov 18, 07, 3:31 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
They have to do what they`ve done in other places : restrict the Senator Lounge access for the LH Sen.
Old Nov 18, 07, 5:44 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by G_G View Post
They have to do what they`ve done in other places : restrict the Senator Lounge access for the LH Sen.
Or double the lounge space....
Old Nov 18, 07, 1:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Originally Posted by pmax View Post
What a disaster this place is becoming. I guess it's probably related to LHR being such a disaster and no-one wanting to fly through it. In search of a *A lounge this morning I ended up going through passport control 3 times, security twice, and the lounges are overflowing. Kind of defeats the purpose of *G and lounge access when you end up sitting on the floor of the Sen lounge with swarms of sharks looking for that first seat to open up.
If you went through FRA passport control 3 times and security twice then clearly you did not follow the signs to the lounges. Yes FRA airport is big and confusing, but it is well signposted and you shouldn't have to go through passport control or security that many times.

As for the SEN lounges - yes very busy early morning and again in the evening. The business lounges are often emptier and not missing much in terms of amenities, food or drink.
Old Nov 18, 07, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
If you went through FRA passport control 3 times and security twice then clearly you did not follow the signs to the lounges.
Second that.

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer View Post
The business lounges are often emptier and not missing much in terms of amenities, food or drink.
Well, they ARE missing food and spirit drinks totally, but can be emptier, agreed.

I agree with the OP that for a *A hub as FRA the lounge situation is poor indeed.

F.R.

Last edited by flyin´ruddl; Nov 18, 07 at 3:13 pm Reason: add one more point
Old Nov 18, 07, 4:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl View Post
I agree with the OP that for a *A hub as FRA the lounge situation is poor indeed.
FRA is better than LAX & SFO for lounges.
Old Nov 19, 07, 3:51 am

Programs: LH M+M (dropped to blue since hardly flying with them anymore), EY Guest Silver
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl View Post
Second that.

Well, they ARE missing food and spirit drinks totally, but can be emptier, agreed.

F.R.
Hmmmmm, I always had food and drinks in the Business/FTL Lounge, so I wonder why you did not...

Definitely the food and drink selection in the Sen Lounge is better, but at least I get my Gin Tonic and some little snack stuff like Meatballs or so...

Anyhow, MUCH better then any United RCC or US Airways Lounge in the United States
Old Nov 19, 07, 5:20 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I wish all lounges were more like the new *A lounge at NRT.
Old Nov 19, 07, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Bjornstrom View Post
I wish all lounges were more like the new *A lounge at NRT.
i wish they would all be more like the FCT/FCLs, but you cant have everything.

restricting SEN lounges to SENs and *A F pax would be a smart start though. clearly the C lounges are morde than adequate for *G pax, miles ahead of most RCC for sure...
Old Nov 20, 07, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by captainiglo View Post
Hmmmmm, I always had food and drinks in the Business/FTL Lounge, so I wonder why you did not...

Definitely the food and drink selection in the Sen Lounge is better, but at least I get my Gin Tonic and some little snack stuff like Meatballs or so...

Anyhow, MUCH better then any United RCC or US Airways Lounge in the United States
I have to admit that I rarely had a short glimse at the food section in the C lounge as the SEN lounge is still available for us *G . However I always thought that the food -cough cough- is about the same than in a RCC, like a bag of pretzels. If not, even better though. I will check next week again.

F.R.

Search this Thread