From TLL to HKG

Old Nov 5, 07, 5:44 am
Original Poster

From TLL to HKG

What options I have to go with *A in economy from TLL to HKG in february. I have flown with NZ from LHR, but I dont really want to go again LHR and I dont earn any EB points in NZ economy. I know I can also take LH or LX. Is there something more *A from Europe to HKG. Also what is better longhaul LH or LX, I havent never been on board on LX.
Old Nov 5, 07, 7:15 am

Programs: AC 50K 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I found LX better than LH on long-haul flights, LH is pretty cramped in the back.

Another option for you is Thai Airways (TG) TLL-ARN-BKK-HKG, if you don't mind changing in BKK.

You do earn EB points in NZ economy, however not in the cheapest classes - but this is an issue with basically every *A carrier. Consult the EB website to make sure what booking class you need to get the full miles.
Old Nov 5, 07, 8:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Here are all the possible *A connections:

http://www.staralliance.com/flightSe...archbutton.y=7

I'd suggest the ARN BKK option on TG. You can upgrade to their old C product with a little upcharge on the ARN-BKK leg.
Old Nov 5, 07, 9:01 am

Programs: EBG (*G), QR Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Here are all the possible *A connections:

http://www.staralliance.com/flightSe...archbutton.y=7

I'd suggest the ARN BKK option on TG. You can upgrade to their old C product with a little upcharge on the ARN-BKK leg.
The buy-up for this is 25,600 THB. Reasonable value.
Old Nov 9, 07, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks to all. But I took TLL-CPH with OV and CPH-ZRH-HKG-ZRH-CPH with LX in V and H class. CPH-ZRH-CPH is operated by SK, is there still service in economy. And what about LX longhaul in eco, does they have in seat personal entertainment. Also we are both EBGs, is there any change to get a better treatment?

Search this Thread