Star Alliance REWARD

Old Oct 31, 2007, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Star Alliance REWARD

Asiana Bz Class??
Hi
Never travelled OZ business before? Is it a good product.
My choices on award travel back from from SIN to YYZ is

1)SIN-BKK (SQ 772)-PEK(TG 300-600)-YYZ (AC 77W)

OR

2) SIN-ICN(OZ 333)-PEK(OZ744)-YYZ (AC 77W)

The pros/cons:

With #1--
The SIN-PEK portion is overnight but with 1) I get a long stop in PEK (7 hrs) - enough to go to a day hotel and grab lunch. The TQ plane offers C seats with 38" pitch according to Seatguru.

With #2- I leave 2 hours later but have less a gap at PEK, not allowing for a day bed and rest. However the planes are much nicer I think..

Is OZ a good product overall?
THanks!!

Last edited by llbean; Oct 31, 2007 at 4:34 pm Reason: wrong airline code!
Old Oct 31, 2007, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by llbean
1)SIN-BKK (SQ 772)-PEK(TQ 300-600)-YYZ (AC 77W)!!
Since when is TQ Star Alliance? AFAIK they only have one Antonov and two Tupolevs for their flights between Moldavia and the rest of the world. But maybe you mean TG?

Originally Posted by llbean

2) SIN-ICN(OZ 333)-PEK(OZ744)-YYZ (AC 77W)

Have a look at the Asiana Forum. Even so the service on OZ is fantastic, some of their aircraft (especially the old 747s) can have a very dated business class. But the old TG flights aren't great either so I would go for whatever fits into your schedule.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Since when is TQ Star Alliance? AFAIK they only have one Antonov and two Tupolevs for their flights between Moldavia and the rest of the world. But maybe you mean TG?

Have a look at the Asiana Forum. Even so the service on OZ is fantastic, some of their aircraft (especially the old 747s) can have a very dated business class. But the old TG flights aren't great either so I would go for whatever fits into your schedule.

Sorry meant TG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.