Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

No Star Alliance Premier Pre-Boarding for Luftansa!

No Star Alliance Premier Pre-Boarding for Luftansa!

Old Oct 22, 07, 3:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by graraps View Post
You have to bear in mind that, in general, preboarding is a very strange concept to European FFers/premium pax, who tend to be much more interested in getting intoxicated in the lounge than waiting for everyone else to board. Therefore, European airlines quite often don't bother with priority boarding.
I'm pretty sure the same would be happening in the States if the drinks were free in the lounges . At least judging by the number of complaints about drink chits not being handed out in RCC.
Old Oct 22, 07, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by dimramon View Post
I think you are right about that. I'm not too concerned about boarding when I am in Europe because of the carry-on restriction. In the US, I always try to board as soon as they call group 1 because I want to be able to stow my stuff.
My goal is to hit the gate 12 minutes before the scheduled take off time for UA flights. The jetway is typically completely empty and I can take my seat. When flying domestic F there is always space in the closet for any carry ons you might have. You just have to ask nicely.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: