Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

SQ Executive Economy vs TG Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG

Pricing for SIN-NYC

SQ (SIN-EWR): SGD2,300 before surcharges (Executive Economy)
TG (SIN-JFK via BKK): SGD4,180 before surcharges (Premium Economy)

And we all know TG charges one of the highest surcharges amongst Asian airlines. Therefore the TG premium economy price is almost twice that of SQ Executive Economy.

I have not tried the TG product. But for those who have tried the above 2 products, is TG's seat way superior above SQ's seat that they can afford to charge that high a price/premium?

Thanks for your feedback.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 10:11 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by aerosmith
Pricing for SIN-NYC

SQ (SIN-EWR): SGD2,300 before surcharges (Executive Economy)
TG (SIN-JFK via BKK): SGD4,180 before surcharges (Premium Economy)

And we all know TG charges one of the highest surcharges amongst Asian airlines. Therefore the TG premium economy price is almost twice that of SQ Executive Economy.

I have not tried the TG product. But for those who have tried the above 2 products, is TG's seat way superior above SQ's seat that they can afford to charge that high a price/premium?

Thanks for your feedback.
No way - although I haven't flown TG's PE, I *can* state for a fact that SQ's EE is fantastic....if you don't mind the long flight! ^
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SQ: pitch 37", width 20"
TG: pitch 42", width 18"

So, I guess it's a question of preferring pitch over width or vv.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by cesco.g

And service levels - SQ ^ ^!

(although I might prefer the TG pitch...especially on the long flights! I might get a chance to check them out, if there is a free seat in PE, as I will be in Royal Silk next week to LAX (planned, not confirmed))
Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have tried both and agree with the previous posts.
I would go with SQ without hesitation.

Add to the previous arguments that IFE in SQ is far superior to TG. Also note the difference in departure time. SQ flight leaves around noon from SIN if I remember well while TG to JFK leaves BKK around 1AM. Personally, I do prefer a daytime flight over a red-eye one.

Maybe one advantage of TG over SQ is the cabin size: TG also offers regular Y seats on the BKK-JFK route so that the Premium economy cabin is 5 or 6 rows while the SQ flight has only C and exec economy seats, so the cabin might feel slightly more crowded.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by cesco.g

Note that TG does have 'regular' economy on their A345's, and they're already 36".

Try getting TG fares through a consolidator, they are sometimes lower than SQ's regular fares.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 4:18 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
SQ without a doubt

I just completed a trip NY to SIN on SQ EE. I found the EE seats to be quite nice, I did fold a blanket up and use that as extra cushion on the return. I like the rows near the back of the aircraft on the A B side since this can get some good views on the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.