Search

Can I do this? TLV-SIN-MEM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2007, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, Flying Blue, AA
Question Can I do this? TLV-SIN-MEM-TLV on BClass for ~$7500 US

I am Gold on * and PPS on SQ.

I will spend some time in TLV in the fall and have to make the following trip -- TLV to SIN (Oct 21), SIN to MEM (Oct 24), MEM to TLV (Oct 28). My employer is prepared to pay for a B Class roundtrip ticket TLV-SIN (presumably ~$6000US) and I have separate funding for a (presumably ~$1500US) restricted roundtrip coach ticket TLV-MEM, or SIN-MEM. I can combine this money flexibly. Here's the question-- I want to try and use this money to fly everything on B Class. I thought of and RTW ticket or trying to find a decent fare by using a hidden city etc. I am hoping that one of you out there has some clever suggestion for me. Any advice will be very much appreciated!!

Last edited by Optimizer; Jul 29, 2007 at 10:01 pm Reason: error
Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
I'm guessing you mean business class. B class is a high economy fare.

A RTW in business class from TLV should be around your budget or a few dollars higher depending on the fuel surcharges and taxes. But I don't think you meet the minimum stay and you'll need three stopovers.

Charles
Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:30 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, OnePass, SPG Gold
Kayak.com is showing this itinerary starting at $8,095 booking on Orbitz. Actually, there were 208 ways to book this trip!

One thing about Kayak (and ITA Software) is that there will be many duplicate results due to codesharing. And the prices vary wildly, so it's worth digging to make sure you are on the metal you wish to fly for the best price.

Good luck!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You CAN use a Star1 ticket ex-TLV. It's $7128 plus tax.

You can use it even if less than 7 days minimum... plus a sector fare somewhere... and for those 2 stops. Best if you go to an experienced TA who will be to create an itin for you, or at least an idea how to do so. If he doesn't, get another one.

No hidden city etc, but it does require you to travel via closest european city where you can get a oneway ticket back to TLV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.