Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status on Boarding Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2007, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Status on Boarding Pass

I am never quite sure how my status is supposed to show up on Star Alliance boarding passes, so I thought I would post a thread here, to see if we could compile a list of how the different airlines list it on their boarding passes. I've only flown a couple of Star carriers, so I will only include those, and I am hoping you'll can help me fill in the rest. My experience is based on being a Premier Executive, so it may be different for status from other carriers. However, I wanted to know what I should look for when I fly partner carriers, to ensure that I eventually get credit from United.

AC
NZ
NH
OZ
OS
BD = XX*G or XXP
LO
LH = XX*G or XXP
SK = XX*G
SQ = XX*G
SA
JK = XX*G
LX = FQTV/XXXXXXXX???/XX*G
TP = = FQTV/XXXXXXXX???/XX*G
TG
UA = Premier Executive
US = Premier Executive
VG

For LX & TP, ??? are the last three digits of the MP number. I believe with BD and LH, the "UAP" means that the number is in the system, but they don't recognize it as a Star Gold number. I believe I read in the LH forum that in order to get the XX*G on the boarding pass, you must show the representative your card at check-in. I always find it odd that the LH F/C check-in position will hand me a boarding card with UAP on it, but they never insinuate I am in the wrong line. When I ask where the lounge is, they usually say I can't use it because I am not in C. After I show them my card, they then tell me where the lounge is, but they don't usually reprint a card with UA*G on it.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat
My US boarding passes give the US level in large letters at the top and
STAR GOLD
in small letters on the bottom.

My OZ boarding passes say:
US*G
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by LGA_UAL
I am never quite sure how my status is supposed to show up on Star Alliance boarding passes, so I thought I would post a thread here, to see if we could compile a list of how the different airlines list it on their boarding passes. I've only flown a couple of Star carriers, so I will only include those, and I am hoping you'll can help me fill in the rest. My experience is based on being a Premier Executive, so it may be different for status from other carriers. However, I wanted to know what I should look for when I fly partner carriers, to ensure that I eventually get credit from United.

AC
NZ
NH
OZ
OS
BD = XX*G or XXP
LO
LH = XX*G or XXP
SK = XX*G
SQ = XX*G
SA
JK = XX*G
LX = FQTV/XXXXXXXX???/XX*G
TP = = FQTV/XXXXXXXX???/XX*G
TG
UA = Premier Executive
US = Premier Executive
VG

For LX & TP, ??? are the last three digits of the MP number. I believe with BD and LH, the "UAP" means that the number is in the system, but they don't recognize it as a Star Gold number. I believe I read in the LH forum that in order to get the XX*G on the boarding pass, you must show the representative your card at check-in. I always find it odd that the LH F/C check-in position will hand me a boarding card with UAP on it, but they never insinuate I am in the wrong line. When I ask where the lounge is, they usually say I can't use it because I am not in C. After I show them my card, they then tell me where the lounge is, but they don't usually reprint a card with UA*G on it.
Some more for you (spot the pattern)

AC = XX*G
NZ = XX*G
OS = XX*G
SQ = XX*G (and SQxxxxxxxxx for Kris Flyer members and additionally Q/T/LPPx in smaller font for PPS members)
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:17 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
SQ = XX*G (and SQxxxxxxxxx for Kris Flyer members and additionally Q/T/LPPx in smaller font for PPS members)
To add to the above for SQ, "additionally EG/ES/K in smaller font for Krisflyer Elite Gold, Elite Silver or General members"
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:22 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
What about XX*S? I am sure my status was not shown on bp as frequently as Gold when I was Silver.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 3:52 pm

On NH BPs it's:
12345678 XX for General Members
12345678 XX*S for *Silver and
12345678 XX*G for *Gold

with 1234578 being your FF-No (obviously)

Dave
Old Jan 14, 2007, 5:06 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
On LH my BPs simply say *G as a UA 1P (and previously as a UA 1K).
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dave125
On NH BPs it's:
12345678 XX for General Members
12345678 XX*S for *Silver and
12345678 XX*G for *Gold

with 1234578 being your FF-No (obviously)

Dave
Does NH write the FF number for all programs or just those passengers in their program?

I don't like how BD, LH, JK, SQ don't write your number on the boarding card. I like knowing my actual number is in the system like on UA, LX, and TP.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by LGA_UAL
Does NH write the FF number for all programs or just those passengers in their program?
I'm sure that they print LH M&M numbers. Don't know about other airlines.

Dave
Old Jan 16, 2007, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Some more for you (spot the pattern)

AC = XX*G
My boarding pass ex-YVR on AC shows:

XX123456789G

where:

XX is the carrier of my FFP
123456789 is my FFP No.
G signifies you are *G with your chosen FFP
Old Jan 16, 2007, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_phoenix
My OZ boarding passes say:
US*G
From my experience:

If the OZ flight is miles accruable:

XX123456789 XX*G

If the OZ flight is non-miles accruable:

NO MILES XX*G

where:

XX is the carrier of my FFP
123456789 is my FFP No.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 4:06 am

Programs: AA Plat
Actually what it says (where miles can be accrued) on OZ is.

Underneath the departure time and seat assignment.
|...............................................|
|.BAGGAGE 2/45...........CJ CLASS...|
Old Jan 17, 2007, 12:45 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
SA:

XXXXX/SILV
XXXXX/GOLD
XXXXX/PLAT (not sure, never been one!)

in small type at the top of the BP

AND

SILV, GOLD or PLAT in large type in the centre of the BP (makes for easy lounge access, you just wave your BP at the attendants).

I think that if you dont have status but are a Voyager member, it says BLUE in the large type and XXXX/FQTFL in the small type at the top.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:44 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread for a quick question, I think this thread seems appropriate.

I just became Elite with TK. Flying domestic AC and used my Aeroplan number. The initial boarding pass did not show any Star Alliance Gold status. In YYC the attendant at MLL wouldn't let me in until she printed a new boarding pass with my TK number which did show *Gold. I had her print me another boarding pass with my aeroplan number as I didn't want to use TK FF # on this flight. Initially she couldn't confirm my status even when I showed her my TK digital card showing elite status and it didn't scan for her either.

So my question is, if I am *G with TK, and I use another FF number on a partner airline flight, will it routinely not show *G. I thought once you became *G it would show on all alliance boarding passes regardless of which FF program you are using for that flight.

Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 4thState
I didn't want to start a new thread for a quick question, I think this thread seems appropriate.

I just became Elite with TK. Flying domestic AC and used my Aeroplan number. The initial boarding pass did not show any Star Alliance Gold status. In YYC the attendant at MLL wouldn't let me in until she printed a new boarding pass with my TK number which did show *Gold. I had her print me another boarding pass with my aeroplan number as I didn't want to use TK FF # on this flight. Initially she couldn't confirm my status even when I showed her my TK digital card showing elite status and it didn't scan for her either.

So my question is, if I am *G with TK, and I use another FF number on a partner airline flight, will it routinely not show *G. I thought once you became *G it would show on all alliance boarding passes regardless of which FF program you are using for that flight.

Thanks!
No, it will only show *G on the BP if the FFP you're crediting to is one you have *G status with. Otherwise, you will have to show the physical card as proof of *G (e.g. in lounges or to get through fast track). Don't let the lounge dragons, etc., tell you that you can't access somewhere as *G unless you have *G printed on the BP. The *A FAQ clearly states the T&Cs to receive Gold benefits - having a physical card alongside a BP for a *A flight is sufficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.