Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*G Lounges in LHR Terminal 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: TG -*Gold, AF-Silver, Asia Miles, BA-Silver, AMEX Green-MR

Sorry for being very dumb and this question probably has been asked a zillion times. Having flown out of London Heathrow for more than 8 times per year in the past 2-3 years I have been relying exclusively on the SAS Business Lounge, which is the easiest one to find and closest to the shops. However I am getting bored of it, so I want to explore the rest of my available options.

The only *G lounges I know that exist in Terminal 3 are:

SAS Business Lounge (near the shops)
UNITED Red Carpet Club (saw while walking to Gate 13)

So what are the other *G lounge(s) available in Terminal 3? And does my TG ROP *G card grant me access to UA RCC without being a RCC member?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:32 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by skyrider007
Sorry for being very dumb and this question probably has been asked a zillion times. Having flown out of London Heathrow for more than 8 times per year in the past 2-3 years I have been relying exclusively on the SAS Business Lounge, which is the easiest one to find and closest to the shops. However I am getting bored of it, so I want to explore the rest of my available options.

The only *G lounges I know that exist in Terminal 3 are:

SAS Business Lounge (near the shops)
UNITED Red Carpet Club (saw while walking to Gate 13)

So what are the other *G lounge(s) available in Terminal 3? And does my TG ROP *G card grant me access to UA RCC without being a RCC member?
If you are flying a * Alliance carrier, your TG ROP *G card will get you access to the UA RCC club too.

At LHR T3, I use the "London Lounge" that you refer to as the SAS Business Lounge; the United Airlines Red Carpet Club; and the Singapore Airlines lounge that's less well-known.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:42 am

I'll be in the RCC for the first time next week when I fly with Jet. I almost always use the London Lounge because they have internet access (diallup only, but I can still use my own laptop) and Crown Royal . The SQ lounge isn't too bad and is definitely quieter. To get to it, turn left at the London lounge. It's a few hundred metres on your right.

Thanks,

Dr. PITUK
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for your quick replies! I really want to try out the RCC too! That'll be in February for me.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
IMHO the RCC is the worst of the 3 *A lounges at LHR T3. SK/AC London Lounge and SQ Silver Kris Lounge are both much nicer.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMO, the SKL is my favorite lounge in T3 after the VS CH.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:19 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
There are three *G lounges at LHR T3: SAS/AC, SQ and UA.
Skip the UA lounge since it's really not worth a visit. Since you have been plenty of times to the SAS/AC lounge then go to the SQ lounge this time, it's quite nice IMO.

Just like you wrote this question actually has been asked quite a few times (probably 5-10 times from my memory), do make a search and you will find each and everything you want to know about these lounges, a bit unnecessary to repeat all of it again.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 7:05 pm

Don't want to hijack the thread but I thought I'd ask a follow-up on LHR Terminal 3 lounges. I'm Star Alliance gold and am flying in on UA and then have a 10 hour layover before I fly out economy on Virgin Atl (where i have no status). Any lounge possibilities in that scenario? Will the RCC let me in even if I'm not departing on a Star Alliance flight?

Otherwise I'll have to use the Priority Pass for the Servisair lounge which is really not that great..

Thanks in advance..
Old Jan 5, 2007, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jacob_m
There are three *G lounges at LHR T3: SAS/AC, SQ and UA.
Skip the UA lounge since it's really not worth a visit. Since you have been plenty of times to the SAS/AC lounge then go to the SQ lounge this time, it's quite nice IMO.
I usually use at least two lounges on my trips there, most times being the the UA RCC and then the (SAS) London Lounge (in that order). Why the UA RCC? The private showers at the RCC include their own toilet en-suite and also have an amenity kit of toiletries; the SAS London Lounge private showers have a sink and a shower but no private toilet and no amenity kit.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Originally Posted by viniosity
Don't want to hijack the thread but I thought I'd ask a follow-up on LHR Terminal 3 lounges. I'm Star Alliance gold and am flying in on UA and then have a 10 hour layover before I fly out economy on Virgin Atl (where i have no status). Any lounge possibilities in that scenario? Will the RCC let me in even if I'm not departing on a Star Alliance flight?
Sorry but no. You need to be on a departing *A flight to get lounge access.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 12:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Do I have to pay a fee to use the shower?
Old Jan 6, 2007, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I usually use at least two lounges on my trips there, most times being the the UA RCC and then the (SAS) London Lounge (in that order). Why the UA RCC? The private showers at the RCC include their own toilet en-suite and also have an amenity kit of toiletries; the SAS London Lounge private showers have a sink and a shower but no private toilet and no amenity kit.
That sounds like it won't be too bad! I can't use the London Lounge on my next trip, so at least the RCC won't be all bad. Heck, as long as I can get a drink and check my email I'm usually pretty happy .

Thanks,

Dr. PITUK
Old Jan 6, 2007, 5:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by viniosity
I'm Star Alliance gold and am flying in on UA and then have a 10 hour layover before I fly out economy on Virgin Atl (where i have no status). Any lounge possibilities in that scenario? Will the RCC let me in even if I'm not departing on a Star Alliance flight?
I can't tell you for LH T3, but in general, the answer would be no. However, some airlines have an open door policy for their own members. For example, as a LH SEN, you can use the SEN lounge even when not flying *A, or even as an arrivals lounge. Same for a BA Gold. While I don't know the rules for the other programs, it is conceivable that one of SK, AC, SQ or UA has a similar rule, and if you are member of that program, you could get have access. However, you should know this better yourself!

SmilingBoy.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
I can't tell you for LH T3, but in general, the answer would be no. However, some airlines have an open door policy for their own members. For example, as a LH SEN, you can use the SEN lounge even when not flying *A, or even as an arrivals lounge. Same for a BA Gold. While I don't know the rules for the other programs, it is conceivable that one of SK, AC, SQ or UA has a similar rule, and if you are member of that program, you could get have access. However, you should know this better yourself!
LH operates out of T2.

You certainly can try the SQ or London Lounge, but I'm almost certain that you won't be given access. I'm fairly certain UA has clauses in their contract that won't allow you in (since they're the ones that would be paying for lounge access). Besides, UA already has its own arrivals lounge, so that loophole won't work either.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Only if you have a RCC paid membership. We have to buy them to get access for US domestic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.