Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

*RTW including South Africa--help please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2006, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Gold Elite

On my *RTW itinerary, while flying east to west, can I fly Lufthansa FRA/JNB and back, as long as I, of course, stay within the RTW mileage limits?
Old Apr 20, 2006, 6:21 am
formerly MNLGuy

Programs: UAGold/MM DL AA
Originally Posted by balaram
On my *RTW itinerary, while flying east to west, can I fly Lufthansa FRA/JNB and back, as long as I, of course, stay within the RTW mileage limits?
Probably, but couldn't you use LX and ZRH to avoid the appearance? Or hope that SA will be able to use the *A RTW fares...
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:55 am

To the OP, no problem flying LH FRA-JNB and JNB-FRA, as long as you transit FRA on at least one of the trips (and, of course, are not starting your RTW in FRA). There is no problem returning to Europe after going from Europe to Africa, as both Europe and Africa are in Area 2.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 3:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by balaram
Hi balaram,
As it was said befor yes, but as you are based in AKL I would reconsider this twice, before you opt for that (exept you buying a FRWSTAR fare). SQ is currently offering SIN-JNB/CPT, TG will follow later this year with BKK-JNB. Both option cut your mileage significantly!
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
But remember that SQ doesn't and TG won't have 1st on the S. Africa routes.

Will

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.