Search

Star Alliance Lounge Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Star Alliance Lounge Delhi

I used this lounge, ITC Sheraton Lounge, last November flying DEL-YYZ in Business with AC. Now if you are a Star Gold and flying in Y do you have access to this lounge as well or do you need an invite?
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I used this lounge, ITC Sheraton Lounge, last November flying DEL-YYZ in Business with AC. Now if you are a Star Gold and flying in Y do you have access to this lounge as well or do you need an invite?
An invite is needed. I have been given invitations when flying coach, business or first (in line with the class of service or elite status).
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you GUWonder, I will be in economy unless an op up is performed at the airport. I will request an invite.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 2:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The ITC lounge will also allow you in if you hold a Citibank Gold or Diners Club card. AFAIK you can also sit there if you allow them to charge 184INR to your credit card (aprox 5 USD)
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:16 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Don't they use the Taj lounge anymore?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Each airline makes its own arrangement when there is no airline-operated STARGold lounge. This means that if you are flying in Y on AC, and have Elite or SE status, you will be given an invitation card and can use this lounge. However, if you are flying AC and are a STARGold with another carrier, then you will not necessarily be given an invitation, as this is not a STARGold lounge. It is at the discretion of the carrier hosting the flight and not a breach of the STAR lounge program. I recall this lounge being used when AC was operating its service back in the mid-90s too. I am not sure it ever contracted with the Taj Lounge.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks SH and for once no mention or hare.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Each airline makes its own arrangement when there is no airline-operated STARGold lounge. This means that if you are flying in Y on AC, and have Elite or SE status, you will be given an invitation card and can use this lounge. However, if you are flying AC and are a STARGold with another carrier, then you will not necessarily be given an invitation, as this is not a STARGold lounge. It is at the discretion of the carrier hosting the flight and not a breach of the STAR lounge program. I recall this lounge being used when AC was operating its service back in the mid-90s too. I am not sure it ever contracted with the Taj Lounge.
In my experience -- over the past few years to the present -- any airline's Star Gold flying any * Alliance carrier from DEL to the West has been given lounge invites to one of the contracted lounges regardless of class of service being travelled. The airlines often forget to give them even to their own members unless reminded; however Austrian, Lufthansa, and Air Canada (and previously United) in DEL continue to give lounge access invites to other program * Golds too. Is this * Alliance airlines being kind? If so, I'm not complaining.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 12, 2005 at 2:57 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:34 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
When I was on the (2nd time around) inaug UA service into DEL they gave me an invite to the Taj lounge - it was very fancy but amongst other things it had a large Star Alliance Gold logo printed on it - hence my question about the Taj lounge.

Funny place DEL airport. Always an experience!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:09 am

Programs: AC 75K,SQ*G,Marriott PLT,HH GOLD,IHG PLTAMB
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Don't they use the Taj lounge anymore?
SQ, LH(except on C class), OS, OZ flyers on FC and *G can this lounge
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I tried this lounge, that is, the Taj Lounge and the attendant pointed me to the ITC Lounge, that was Nov 2005. SO when did the taj Lounge become a Star Lounge. I am a star gold.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 7:52 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Any update on this?
I am on an F Award but stuck with 2 cabin air canada out of DEL. So i think they call it J.
Which lounge to you think I'll be directed to?
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Don't get too excited. It doesn't matter which lounge you will have access to - they will all be totally overcrowded when the night flights leave for Europe. I have found it hard to find a seat most of the times.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:26 pm

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Well since my only experience with contract lounges is LH at SVO i figure it's something that will be functional yet nothing special.
Really wishing i wasnt on the air canada leg but hey. the flights arent the most important part this time.
Old Jul 27, 2006, 12:28 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Don't get too excited. It doesn't matter which lounge you will have access to - they will all be totally overcrowded when the night flights leave for Europe. I have found it hard to find a seat most of the times.
Those flights leave late - so must you. Dont turn up at 9 PM for a flight that leaves at 1:45 AM.

Some airports are better than others - MAA has free wifi throughout the terminal, and the AI maharajah lounge there (which several *A carriers use) is quite decent. There are two other lounges (Clipper and ITC) as well so it doesnt get too crowded.

And in BLR (a really lousy airport), AF - yeah, not a star alliance airline but still a good one - has got a brilliant idea, tied up with the Kempinski Palace near the airport, and so AF passengers can checkin and use a lounge at one of the nicest five star hotels in town .. AF will shuttle them to the airport and rush them past security at the last possible moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.