Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Using UA miles, but want to book on SQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2004, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P

Can I book this online, if so where? If I need to call, do I call UA or SQ's reservation number?

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2004, 1:50 am

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
You'll need to book through UA as you're using UA miles. Not sure if you can book online for UA. Sorry....
Old Dec 7, 2004, 1:50 am

All rewards are done through your host carrier scheme. What UA do and don't do as far as web v phone bookings is something that can be better answered in the UA M+ forum.
Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 6:11 am

Just so you know, UA can't book any awards on *A carriers except over the phone.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 8:20 am

Also beware that United has changed their mileage policy for certain SQ flights. Except for some US-Asia transpacific SQ flights, Business class tickets are being booked into Economy.

So, depending on your route, be SURE to confirm with the UA people that they're booking you into the appropriate class.

There are several threads about this issue.

Cheers.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by danielmhd
Also beware that United has changed their mileage policy for certain SQ flights. Except for some US-Asia transpacific SQ flights, Business class tickets are being booked into Economy.

So, depending on your route, be SURE to confirm with the UA people that they're booking you into the appropriate class.

There are several threads about this issue.

Cheers.

I believe this is because on certain short-to-medium haul intra-Asia routes, SQ only flies two classes and the front cabin is considered First, the back cabin Economy, even though on these flights the amenities and seating in First are similar to SQ's long-haul Business. I think this is just on routes like KUL, some BKK and Indonesian flights, but not where there are three-cabin aircraft used.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 9:03 am

Programs: OW, *A, Bonvoy, WOH
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I believe this is because on certain short-to-medium haul intra-Asia routes, SQ only flies two classes and the front cabin is considered First, the back cabin Economy, even though on these flights the amenities and seating in First are similar to SQ's long-haul Business. I think this is just on routes like KUL, some BKK and Indonesian flights, but not where there are three-cabin aircraft used.
The two-cabin rule (i.e. book Business, fly Economy) also applies to these trans-pacific flights utilizing the two-cabin 772 aircraft: SIN-ICN-SFO, SIN-ICN-YVR, and SIN-TPE-LAX.

It doesn't apply on the A345 non-stops (SIN-EWR and SIN-LAX) and the three-cabin 744s (SIN-NRT-LAX and SIN-HKG-SFO).

Also, FWIW, if you're flexible, it's not difficult at all to get a couple of seats on the SIN-EWR/LAX non-stops. I thought it would be next to impossible but I secured two seats pre- and post-CNY for my parents by calling 3-4 months before the travel date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.