Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

* Alliance to India in premium class

Old Oct 14, 2004, 11:12 am
Original Poster

I'd like to book four flat-bed seats from the U.S. to India in Star Alliance using USAirways miles.

(Please set aside the issues about circumstances under which these may or may not be honored, as this has been covered separately)

Does anyone know, for example, whether it would be possible to get four award seats in F on LH from Frankfurt to India? Or have any insight as to which routing offers the best chance of good flat-bed award seats? We're willing to book 2 F class and 2 C class if the C class has a flat bed.
Old Oct 14, 2004, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA: 1ex1K now Prem Plat Life 2MM ; SQ: exPPS
SQ has the best product -- could always try your luck -- they are usually tough to book Award tix

QUOTE=pjacobs2267]I'd like to book four flat-bed seats from the U.S. to India in Star Alliance using USAirways miles.

(Please set aside the issues about circumstances under which these may or may not be honored, as this has been covered separately)

Does anyone know, for example, whether it would be possible to get four award seats in F on LH from Frankfurt to India? Or have any insight as to which routing offers the best chance of good flat-bed award seats? We're willing to book 2 F class and 2 C class if the C class has a flat bed.[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 14, 2004, 2:54 pm

I'd take a look above the border there - AC now operates it's A345 a few days per week on the YYZ-DEL nonstop route, with 42 lay flat C cabin seats. It's not a huge C market, so it may work out if you can get in early enough or convince US to "go to bat" with AC for you to get 1 or 2 more D seats released from an empty flight.
I'm not sure lay flat seats from FRA-DEL are worth it - it's a daylight flight of 7 hours duration heading down there for example.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 1:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
MUC-DEL is operated by LH with a 343 and 'new' flat seats. All other LH India flights are old C. There is plenty of flights into India by LH, so F awards should be no problem. The AC 345 would also be a good option...
Old Oct 15, 2004, 8:29 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN
Maybe Sq nonstop from EWR or LAX to SIN depending on which coast you live on and then from SIN-DEL also on SQ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.