Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*G lounge in VCE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2004, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Question *G lounge in VCE

As the topic says, has anybody successfully gained access as *G to one of the lounges at VCE. I realize that there is supposed to be a contract LH SEN/FTL lounge, but have trouble verifying if access is granted to *G as well.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
VCE is such a small airport.

I didn't know it even has more than one lounge other than Alitalia's. LH's lounge may be contracted out.

Maybe you should post this at the LH forum?
Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:53 am

Only 1 *G lounge in Italy - LH's at Milan. Rome doesn't even have one, let alone Venice. Last I heard, only way to get access to the VCE & FCO contract lounges is to be a member of the relevant carrier lounge scheme or in an appropriate class of travel. Entry by invite only.
Maybe one day if AirOne expands it's very pro * agreements with various carriers.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 7:38 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN
What lounge does SQ use? Is this lounge open to PPS Solitaires not flying SQ back to SIN, what if I just flew from FCO-FRA on LH?
Old Sep 29, 2004, 5:26 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Al B
Only 1 *G lounge in Italy - LH's at Milan. Rome doesn't even have one, let alone Venice.
Not true. VCE has the Marco Polo lounge, open to all *G travellers. See final para of post #5 of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=319815&page=1
Old Sep 29, 2004, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Talking

Originally Posted by 1P
Not true. VCE has the Marco Polo lounge, open to all *G travellers. See final para of post #5 of this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=319815&page=1
Aha! That's the response I was hoping to hear. FWIW, I will verify this theory in 2 weeks.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
The lounge is great. Go through security andbear right, go up the escalator and go straight ahead. It has a nice outdoor terrace overlooking Venice as well
Old Oct 8, 2004, 11:47 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Which lounge is it?

I was at VCE a week or two ago and the lounge you are referring to may have been closed. I do remember the open-air terrace from previous visits, but I'm not sure which lounge that was. I was constrained to use the Alitalia lounge this time, but the one that's all the way straight ahead was roped off. The *A lounge was on the left of the corridor, the lounge I have in mind was at the far end.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 4:58 pm

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
at FCO (the only italian SQ destination) SQ offers "LE ANFORE" lounge (in terminal C) : but it's invite only.

Since few weeks, AIR ONE offers lounge access in LIN TRS TRN GOA FCO to:

- TO ALL PAX travelling on Y CLASSFARE (only Y, not B K M L U S T or other) with AP

- ALL LH SENATOR travelling AP (regardless ticket class)

for more infos, check it out ---> www.flyairone.it
Old Oct 17, 2004, 2:05 pm

As a LH Sen I had no problems using the Marco Polo lounge last week.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer2day
As a LH Sen I had no problems using the Marco Polo lounge last week.
Same lounge I used less than a week ago as *G on LH flight. Very nice.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A couple weeks in BLQ I was offered a lounge (Marco Polo?) on my *Gold/LH Sen card. What a letdown. Minimal soft drinks & peanuts, I recall. Nothing to write home about.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 2:20 pm

Marco Polo lounge in VCE had 3 computers with free Internet access (quite fast).
Choice of food was limited, drinks included beer, red and white wine, different liquors. Good enough to check some emails while waiting for the flight.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 5:45 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Originally Posted by Al B
Only 1 *G lounge in Italy - LH's at Milan. Rome doesn't even have one ...
Not true, Sala I Mosaici at FCO are open for *G and C pax.
See also:
http://cms.lufthansa.com/fly/de/de/i...TY=ROM,00.html

Sorry, info in german only. Lounge itself is nothing to write home about but not bad either. Bar service with small tramezzinos and some cornettos, drinks are ok. Nice little restroom and ok view on tarmac. Seldom crowded.

Jensens
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:57 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Anyone with more recent experience on Star Gold lounge at VCE? I will be flying out of VCE on US in October. Thanks in advance.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.