Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

IS DEL in South Aisa central Asia or Middle East?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2004, 2:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I am trying to burn some miles I have on USAIR. I looked up the award charft for *Alliance. Where does DEL fall in? What about BKK opr SIN? Are they in ASIA, North Asia South Asia or what?
Old Jun 9, 2004, 4:45 am

DEL = Indian Sub Continent region
Thailand and Singapore are both in Asia1 region
Old Jun 9, 2004, 5:20 am
Patron

Al B, the OP likes to spend Dividend Miles...

DEL (= Inidia): Central Asia
BKK (= Thailand), SIN (= Singapore): South Asia

Old Jun 9, 2004, 8:00 am

Programs: United MM
Originally Posted by Patron

Yes, only according to UA . Apparently, the person in charge of this had skipped on Geography lessons in 4th grade...

Central Asia, according to the rest of the world comprises of places like Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, etc.

India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are considered "South Asia" or "the Indian Subcontinent".
Old Jun 9, 2004, 9:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

BKK (= Thailand), SIN (= Singapore): South Asia
Thank you Mr Moderator. As someone who was born there, I do know that DEL is in the Indian sub-continent, and is a city in South Asia. I had no idea what Star Alliance thinks.

Last edited by Yaatri; Jun 9, 2004 at 2:04 pm
Old Jun 9, 2004, 9:43 am

del = definitely in SOUTH ASIA.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 10:11 am
Patron

Originally Posted by Yaatri
I had no idea what Star Alliance thinks.
Don’t blame *A for FFP reward scheme.

*A does neither operate a FFP nor offering a membership card. In total there are 13 separate FFPs, all operating independently. Any of these FFPs give you the opportunity to redeem miles or points across all 15 *A airlines. However, there is no "generic" *A reward scheme as each FFP has its own twists on the rules.

Old Jun 9, 2004, 12:45 pm

Programs: MP 1K to 2P - painful
The whole "geography " of FF awards can be crazy making although sometimes it provides great advantages...last year I was very happy that United miles could buy a *A flight SFO-Vienna-Yerevan for 80,000 in business, apparently Armenia is in Europe!

However, this year I'm not so happy to find that while Sri Lanka is in South Asia (60,000 in economy from the US) Delhi is in Central Asia (80,000) ...Oh well, perhaps I should change my vacation polans and go to Uzbekistan which United assured me is in Europe and the routing from SFO would take me via Seoul on Asiana!!!
Old Jun 9, 2004, 2:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Don’t blame *A for FFP reward scheme.

*A does neither operate a FFP nor offering a membership card. In total there are 13 separate FFPs, all operating independently. Any of these FFPs give you the opportunity to redeem miles or points across all 15 *A airlines. However, there is no "generic" *A reward scheme as each FFP has its own twists on the rules.
I am not sure what made you think I was blaming *Allianace. I just wanted to know where DEL fell according to their definition, without laying ny blame. It is confusing when a commonly used term, whose meaning is well understood, means something else. That's all.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 9:02 pm
Patron

Originally Posted by Yaatri
I am not sure what made you think I was blaming *Allianace. I just wanted to know where DEL fell according to their definition, without laying ny blame.
One more time: It is not *A definition, its the the defintion of the FFP you signed up. It has nothing to do with *A!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.