Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

AMS *G Lounge access (Non-Schengen)

Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club

What Lounge options are available to *G (Flying United from G gates I think)?
I also have priority pass.

From what I read, the Non-Schengen Aspire lounge is closed.
There is a *A lounge but it is for schengen. PP also lists I can access the BA lounge.
I'm not sure how practical it is to access the Schengen lounges prior to a flight out of G gates. It is hard to gauge distance/time from the maps
Old Apr 28, 2023, 4:16 am

The BA lounge at AMS has been closed for quite some time and isn't reopening. I believe it is now operated by Aspire.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 1:06 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
You can still use the *A lounge. Just need to give yourself enough time to get through passport control.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
You can still use the *A lounge. Just need to give yourself enough time to get through passport control.
ok, so if I understand correctly. UA flies out of G gates and the checkin desks are over in the "3" area. After checkin, one would need to walk over to the "1" area, go through security, (or go through security first then walk over) and then to the *A lounge over by the D gates. Then walk from D to the other side of the airport over to the G gates, passing through passport control. Where is passport control located? I'm having trouble deciphering the terminal map.
How long does it typically take to walk over? Seems like one basically needs to go from one end of the airport to the other.

Last edited by eng3; Apr 30, 2023 at 7:30 pm
Old May 8, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Passport control is more or less visible from the place where you take the lift to the lounge. As for how much time, I would say it can vary depending on queues. I haven't flown non-schengen from Schiphol in a while, so I can't give specifics. But since you have priority pass, I would say leave early and spend your last minutes at the alternative location they have for the Aspire lounge.
So Idk how early you get to airport, but if it were me, I would first stop by the *A lounge and have some food and drinks, and then, if everything was on time, leave 20-30 minutes before boarding begins to non-schengen area and spend the last bit of time in the Aspire replacement lounge area. (No idea if it is decent or what they have there)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.