Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong lounge for Star Alliance members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2022, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH Sen, Skyteam Elite

An update on the A* lounges at HK International Airport: UA, SQ and TG lounges are still closed, so Star Alliance members are invited to use the usually rather crowded Plaza Premium lounge near gate 60.
romans likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Madame R
An update on the A* lounges at HK International Airport: UA, SQ and TG lounges are still closed, so Star Alliance members are invited to use the usually rather crowded Plaza Premium lounge near gate 60.
Yes, it’s a truly appalling situation for LX & LH pax at HKG, the Plaza Premium lounge is anything BUT “premium’, overcrowded, filthy, because of the overcrowding, cheapest F&B imaginable, *A partners ought to be ashamed & there are a few ex HKG !
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Oh my, this is ghastly. Especially considering CX's incredible lounges there. Massive competitive disadvantage and reason to avoid HKG.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
Oh my, this is ghastly. Especially considering CX's incredible lounges there. Massive competitive disadvantage and reason to avoid HKG.
If you end up in Plaza ‘Premium” it really is ghastly, their First lounge is temporarily closed as is the SQ, UA, TG lounges & yes the CX lounges are open, so if your in OW your fine, otherwise HKG is best avoided.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:37 am

IIRC and this was pre-covid, LX always used the Plaza Premium Lounge at HKG. Of course for those in the know there was always a choice and I used to go to SQ which was OK but not great - bit like SQ lounges the world over.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Harper50505
IIRC and this was pre-covid, LX always used the Plaza Premium Lounge at HKG. Of course for those in the know there was always a choice and I used to go to SQ which was OK but not great - bit like SQ lounges the world over.
Yes, pre Covid LX invited F pax to Plaza Premium First, which was fine, SQ lounge at HKG was good, current state of Plaza Premium lounge & the offering is the worst i have ever encountered.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, pre Covid LX invited F pax to Plaza Premium First, which was fine, SQ lounge at HKG was good, current state of Plaza Premium lounge & the offering is the worst i have ever encountered.
Which, given that in HKG they are on home territory is, I suppose not too surprising, you often find poor standards and complacency in those settings - just look at BA at LHR or LH in Germany!
Old Dec 9, 2022, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which, given that in HKG they are on home territory is, I suppose not too surprising, you often find poor standards and complacency in those settings - just look at BA at LHR or LH in Germany!
LX are not on home territory at HKG….
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by chris63
LX are not on home territory at HKG….
I meant Plaza Premium!
Old Dec 9, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I meant Plaza Premium!
Yes,
In which case its even more indefensible their First Class lounge remains closed, whilst there are F flights ex HKG & their lounge at gate 60 is a disgusting dump & im being kind
Old Dec 9, 2022, 10:41 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Plaza Premium at LHR T2 is appalling, too. Dingy, filthy, ghastly F&B. Why does any airline use this brand?
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by 1P
Plaza Premium at LHR T2 is appalling, too. Dingy, filthy, ghastly F&B. Why does any airline use this brand?
Some Plaza Premiums are pretty good, HEL springs immediately to mind where I would use it before the AY non-schengen lounge every time and the AY non-schengen lounge is way better than the schengen one!
Old Jan 27, 2023, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

HKG still has no *G lounge

Plaza ‘Premium’ at Gate 1 & 60, 1 is somewhat better than 60 but both are dire & in no way premium…..

Plaza First remains closed.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 4:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Anyone been to HKG recently, that can update on the lounge situation would be appreciated?
Old Feb 16, 2023, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VancouverFly
Anyone been to HKG recently, that can update on the lounge situation would be appreciated?
Yes, it’s still the same, as above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.