Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LH availability not showing on UA, but showing on other partners like SQ and AC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH availability not showing on UA, but showing on other partners like SQ and AC?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:11 am
Original Poster

P2 and I are currently booked on LH705 4/16 MLE-FRA and UA59 4/17 FRA-SFO using UA miles.

UA59 is in J while LH705 was in Y. This morning, two seats on LH705 in J opened up and I called to get us switched over. The agent upgraded my ticket, but said the availability is no longer there for the second ticket. (I asked why he wasn’t able to grab both at once, and he said it was because we’re on different tickets/itineraries.)

The seat is no longer showing up on UA’s search, but the weird thing is that it still shows 2 seats as available as Saver award on SQ’s and AC’s websites (as of 6 hours after my ticket was upgraded). I also called SQ who confirmed that the seats are available to book and that it’s not phantom availability. (She was very understanding of my situation.) Any suggestions?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH has a nifty algorithm running in the background of each enquiry. They also control availability by who is requesting seats, so availabilty may not show to award bookers looking to upgrade their award. The only solution is for UA to waitlist your I request and see if LH releases another seat. The problem is UA agents are told not to waitlist on non-UA flights, so you have to keep trying.
ok2uselane likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.