Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

LAX - TBIT Star Alliance Lounges open now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX - TBIT Star Alliance Lounges open now

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by ATNflyer
I was the first one in the lounge today as it reopened (08/12). Had the entire to place to myself but barely a dozen other guests by the time I left. There were hot and cold food selections. Primarily breakfast items while I was there. Most of it the food and beverages were self-serve including pour-yourself wines and champagne on ice. The bar was open and a few prepackaged snacks like cereals were available. Great to be back in my favorite lounge.

I took some pics but I’m new on this site so it wouldn’t let me upload any.
thats awesome to hear!! Would you say the offerings were similar in quality to pre covid, or does it very readily seem diluted? Thanks for the report back! We'll work on getting you to the 5 post min so the photos can come through
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I was the first one in the lounge today as it reopened (08/12). Had the entire to place to myself but barely a dozen other guests by the time I left. There were hot and cold food selections. Primarily breakfast items while I was there. Most of it the food and beverages were self-serve including pour-yourself wines and champagne on ice. The bar was open and a few prepackaged snacks like cereals were available. Great to be back in my favorite lounge.

I took some pics but I’m new on this site so it wouldn’t let me upload any.
It would be best to post on UA forum.
Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer
Old Aug 12, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
That’s very good news perhaps I’ll check it out in a couple of weeks. I really like the space there especially the patio. Are the showers open?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
thats awesome to hear!! Would you say the offerings were similar in quality to pre covid, or does it very readily seem diluted? Thanks for the report back! We'll work on getting you to the 5 post min so the photos can come through
Yes, the food offerings were similar to what I remember prepandemic, if anything just a bit fewer options but the food bar was full of items. The noodle bar towards the rear of the buffet area was not open, but that may have been based on time of day being limited to breakfast offerings. They were offering fresh fruit salad, breakfast sausage, eggs, bagels/breads (toaster available), muffins and various juices. The prepackaged food options consisted of Chobani yogurts and cereals.

I was surprised to see most of the offerings were self-serve with tongs as opposed to the LAX UA Club which still has all food options individually packaged.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
That’s very good news perhaps I’ll check it out in a couple of weeks. I really like the space there especially the patio. Are the showers open?
I spent most of my time outside enjoying the nice morning weather, my favorite spot at this location, even with the construction noise coming from the Delta terminal. The showers were open.
Flying Machine and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 10:07 pm

…Thanks for the report back! We'll work on getting you to the 5 post min so the photos can come through
Thanks! I stumbled on this post/forum after a google search to see if this lounge was really opening today. I saw the Star Alliance IG post regarding this location but their official website still shows it closed under the Lounge Finder.

Lots of great info here so I’m sure I’ll get to my 5 post min real soon! 🙂
Old Aug 13, 2021, 2:08 am

Thanks! I stumbled on this post/forum after a google search to see if this lounge was really opening today. I saw the Star Alliance IG post regarding this location but their official website still shows it closed under the Lounge Finder.

Lots of great info here so I’m sure I’ll get to my 5 post min real soon! 🙂
Welcome to flyertalk then! Always lots of great info and very knowledgable people on here. Hopefully the other sources will update soon, because certainly as more golds make their way through TBIT who don't really use FT or social media will have no way of knowing the lounge is open, and its not necessarily one that's one the way to any of the gates either. Not sure if you were flying United or an international *A carrier but maybe did they have signage around the airlines check in counters that the *A lounge is open? TBIT usually does a good job grouping a lot of the *A carriers together in check in.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 9:49 am

Welcome to flyertalk then! Always lots of great info and very knowledgable people on here. Hopefully the other sources will update soon, because certainly as more golds make their way through TBIT who don't really use FT or social media will have no way of knowing the lounge is open, and its not necessarily one that's one the way to any of the gates either. Not sure if you were flying United or an international *A carrier but maybe did they have signage around the airlines check in counters that the *A lounge is open? TBIT usually does a good job grouping a lot of the *A carriers together in check in.
Thanks, glad to be here. Hope to learn and contribute more. I flew in on AA but my connecting flight was on UA, so I walked over using the connector and missed the checkin area. Not sure if there was signage but I’m assuming agents were mentioning it to those that qualified as the number of pax grew while I was there.

It was a lonely walk entering through Level 5 of the TBIT as the SkyTeam, Qantas and oneworld lounges were all closed.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:01 am

Thanks, glad to be here. Hope to learn and contribute more. I flew in on AA but my connecting flight was on UA, so I walked over using the connector and missed the checkin area. Not sure if there was signage but I’m assuming agents were mentioning it to those that qualified as the number of pax grew while I was there.

It was a lonely walk entering through Level 5 of the TBIT as the SkyTeam, Qantas and oneworld lounges were all closed.
Great to hear and yes Im sure level 5 must have been very lonely with all those other lounges closed, and some to potentially never be used again too. Congrats on reaching 5 posts!
Old Aug 13, 2021, 5:49 pm

What are their opening hours?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
A nice buffet with both cold and hot entrees similar to pre-Covid days is available. The minestrone soup is excellent and so is the Thai chicken which is slightly spicy. The noodle bar is gone and is replaced by a nice quality Korean instant noodle bowl.

Cheese plate

Minestrone soup

Spicy Thai chicken

​​​​​​​
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mathgeek1978
A nice buffet with both cold and hot entrees similar to pre-Covid days is available. The minestrone soup is excellent and so is the Thai chicken which is slightly spicy. The noodle bar is gone and is replaced by a nice quality Korean instant noodle bowl.

Spicy Thai chicken
Spicy Thai chicken looks amazing!
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any reports on customer sanitary related behavior at the self service buffet?
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Asia Miles, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Emerald Club.
Originally Posted by VWang1111
Spicy Thai chicken looks amazing!
It does look amazing, and it's delicious too. Goes well with steamed rice and sautéed vegetables.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Any reports on customer sanitary related behavior at the self service buffet?
Nothing that I observed during the two hours that I was there. I'm sure with hot food, it is less likely that people will use their hands to grab some chicken and rice, or soup, or sautéed vegetables. But as we all know, there will always be an outlier...
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Was at the TBIT this morning, and maybe there is a bridge period between breakfast and lunch, but there were no hot breakfast entrees at all, just fruit salad, yogurt cups, heat-your-own waffles and cereal bowls. Shortly after, around 11AM, the hot lunch entrees and cold sandwiches/salads and desserts started coming out. Variety was good, but seemed a little less than pre-virus, or maybe my memory was fuzzy. The blueberry pies were very nice, the pudding cups were a little industrial, but I really liked the pita sandwiches.

I did see a significant sanitary issue with one foreign family sitting by the buffet, repeatedly going to the buffet with no masks, kids taking pretzels with their hands, etc - I called over the manager and reported the violations right in front of them, and the manager was pretty furious and called them out right there and told them to knock it off. Not sure if the message sunk in because I had to leave for my flight, but I guess I am not surprised that even now, there will always be idiots who just can't use common sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.