Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance/Aeroplan reward lost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Star Alliance/Aeroplan reward lost

Not sure where to turn. Round trip on EVA, Canada to Bali with transit Taipei, PE upgraded to business for all 4 legs via Aeroplan/Star Alliance. Booked before announcement of 777 being replaced with 787 no PE. No problem as already in business.

In Bali Feb 7, Mar 13th home country starts calling us home, scheduled to fly home Mar26th. Mar 16th exit and entry info is getting serious so we decided we better look at leaving early, after hrs of busy signals and on call we get our EVA flight changed to 20th, tomorrow, 6 days earlier and earliest flight as they already canceled 19th. Could not get buisness class back even though there were lots of empty seats. Because of no PE on 787 we get economy s class. I try Aeroplan online upgrade but get a error every time. Spent 4hrs on hold but finally got through to be told an upgrade through Star Alliance is not a aeroplan reward responsibly and nothing they can do, must be done online. So, we have resigned to the fact we are flying home in economy. Eva says aeroplan for lost miles and aeroplan says EVA. 125,000 miles lost. Any advice to recover? Are we eligible for refund under covid situation. Thanks to travelers with more knowledge than myself.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It sounds like a voluntary rebooking to me - you asked for an earlier flight and accepted a flight with no PE; hence you were seated in Economy class. Most likely miles paid for the upgrade are forfeited, but you really have to discuss this with Aeroplan.

BR can't and is not bound to refund any AC miles used in vain.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
I gave up on Aeroplan some time ago when I lost 33,000 miles due to stupidity and not paying attention to AC changing their rules...
My bad then. Their loss now. I do NOT fly AC anymore- WestJet works for me too.
No grudge - just understanding your angst.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 12, 2020 at 6:52 am
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
So I did get our miles back a couple days ago, it took an hour on the phone and a supervisor, but got them refunded. It turned out not be voluntary as Taipei closed all transit traffic on 24th so our flights would have been canceled.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Milkman670
So I did get our miles back a couple days ago, it took an hour on the phone and a supervisor, but got them refunded. It turned out not be voluntary as Taipei closed all transit traffic on 24th so our flights would have been canceled.
I would think they were supposed to return the miles even if voluntary. But yes, these things can get complicated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.