Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Gold status & awards on different airline

Old Oct 19, 19, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I am a newly minted star alliance gold member and still working out all the kinks/benefits. I am trying to figure out how my status works when booking award flights. Here’s my situation:

I am star alliance gold thru ANA. I booked a domestic UA flight as an award flight. To book UA award flight on United.com I had to use my UA FF#. So, my question is, will UA recognize my star alliance gold status? Is there a way I can attach my ANA FF# in my United.com profile?
Old Oct 20, 19, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Usually the United.com site won't accept changes to the FF number on award tickets. You'll have to change it at the airport, which in your case makes no difference at all since you don't get upgrades or Economy Plus with other airline's *G anyway.
Old Oct 21, 19, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
You call or social media United and they can update your FF details.

You will only get priority boarding and luggage. No upgrades or E+.
Old Oct 22, 19, 10:27 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
You call or social media United and they can update your FF details.

You will only get priority boarding and luggage. No upgrades or E+.
And access to the United Club if there are any in the airports OP is traveling through (though presentation of the card should be enough).
Old Oct 22, 19, 11:23 am

Programs: A3 *G, IHG Plat Amb., Hilton Diamond, Radisson Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by IamVader View Post
Hello,

I am a newly minted star alliance gold member and still working out all the kinks/benefits. I am trying to figure out how my status works when booking award flights. Here’s my situation:

I am star alliance gold thru ANA. I booked a domestic UA flight as an award flight. To book UA award flight on United.com I had to use my UA FF#. So, my question is, will UA recognize my star alliance gold status? Is there a way I can attach my ANA FF# in my United.com profile?
Log on your account and select:
View Account
Profile and Preferences
Personal Information
MileagePlus and Frequent Flyer Programs
+Add Frequent Flyer Program

I don't know if this will help with your booked flight but it will be there for future bookings.
Old Nov 27, 19, 11:44 am
Original Poster

thank you all !!!

Search this Thread