Wiki Posts
Search

*G Lounge Access EWR-YOW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
*G Lounge Access EWR-YOW

Next week I am flying on UA from EWR-YOW. Technically this is an international flight so can I use the United Club as a *G or does this get covered under the same loophole as not allowing *G on domestic flights to use the UC? For my overnight flights from C to Europe I usually go to the Lufthansa lounge in B (will be closed at flight time) but if I can't get into the UC is it worth going through security twice to go to the Maple Leaf Lounge?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by salisboss
Next week I am flying on UA from EWR-YOW. Technically this is an international flight so can I use the United Club as a *G or does this get covered under the same loophole as not allowing *G on domestic flights to use the UC? For my overnight flights from C to Europe I usually go to the Lufthansa lounge in B (will be closed at flight time) but if I can't get into the UC is it worth going through security twice to go to the Maple Leaf Lounge?
you have lounge access in EWR at the UA club (not the Polaris lounge) for a flight to YOW. Canada is NOT domestic. You can always get access to the ML lounge and the LH Sen lounge as a UA*G even when flying domestically.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
This is one point I appreciate about UA, even cross border flights are international enough to grand lounge access. DL on the other hand denies access for Caribbean, Mexico, Canada, and I believe several other regional international destinations.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
you have lounge access in EWR at the UA club (not the Polaris lounge) for a flight to YOW. Canada is NOT domestic. You can always get access to the ML lounge and the LH Sen lounge as a UA*G even when flying domestically.
I get that Canada is not domestic. I asked because AC does not grant MLL access to *G on travel from YOW to EWR.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:16 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by salisboss
I get that Canada is not domestic. I asked because AC does not grant MLL access to *G on travel from YOW to EWR.
That's not true, AC grant MLL access to all *G on all routes operated by *A. Although in your case, there is no MLL in US section of terminal in YOW.
TechnoTourist and zeer0 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m.y
That's not true, AC grant MLL access to all *G on all routes operated by *A. Although in your case, there is no MLL in US section of terminal in YOW.
Sounds good. They should say that in the star alliance app. The way its presented is that they carve out an exception for travelers to the US at least in YOW much like using the UC on a domestic flight.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I've certainly used MLL in YVR in the USA-Preclearance area as *G, once to SEA on AC metal and once to SFO on UA metal, I I don't think this is an AC or MLL lounge rule, just that there isn't a lounge where you'll have to be for your flight.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
MLL are like all other *G lounges (but not UC).

You are *G and have a *A BP, you can get in. Even AC's own elite can access to MLL even with domestic routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.