Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

United Domestic First LAX Star Lounge Access

Old Jun 4, 19, 4:34 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver

I read the lounge access rules for Star Alliance lounge here: https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy I'm confused on if I can or can not access the Star Alliance lounge at Tom Bradley Terminal. Can anyone clarify?
Old Jun 4, 19, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
I read the lounge access rules for Star Alliance lounge here: https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy I'm confused on if I can or can not access the Star Alliance lounge at Tom Bradley Terminal. Can anyone clarify?
You mean without *G? Under the rules, no, but when the lounge first opened there were reports of access being allowed. Those seem to have dropped off.
Old Jun 4, 19, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Mileage Plus Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
You mean without *G? Under the rules, no, but when the lounge first opened there were reports of access being allowed. Those seem to have dropped off.
Yes, just with domestic first class ticket alone.
Old Jun 4, 19, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by seat38a View Post
Yes, just with domestic first class ticket alone.
In theory, no. It's a *G lounge, not a First Class lounge. UA First tickets generally don't come with lounge access unless they are in conjunction with an international Business ticket, in which case the rules are more complicated.
Old Jun 4, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
I should add that, if it's a domestic First ticket, it will depart from T7 or T8, which is some distance from TBIT and you will have to allow time to get there. As UCs go, the one in T7 at LAX is one of the best so it might be worth buying your way in if you have a very long layover.
Old Jun 4, 19, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrsfo View Post
I should add that, if it's a domestic First ticket, it will depart from T7 or T8, which is some distance from TBIT and you will have to allow time to get there. As UCs go, the one in T7 at LAX is one of the best so it might be worth buying your way in if you have a very long layover.
I do the walk and back all the time. Only this time, the issue of United First Domestic is the issue and if making the walk is pointless or not.
Old Jun 4, 19, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
You will not get into a UA Club in the US with only a domestic first class ticket.
Old Jun 5, 19, 12:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt DSC, HHonors/SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
No, you will not have access to the Star Alliance Lounge with just a domestic First Class ticket.

Search this Thread