Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Another "where should I credit these flights" thread

Old May 28, 19, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold A3 Gold IB Plata

Hi everyone, I've been away from Star Alliance ever since bmi closed down (RIP Diamond Club). I was shuffled off to OneWorld and have made my peace with it.

Now, however, I have some trips coming up that will be on Star Alliance carriers, and I'm not sure where to put them. I'm flying Business Class, but...there's a catch. It's P class on LH. For some reason this bucket doesn't earn miles on like, half of the *A airlines. I'd like for the miles to do me some good, both for possible award flights and maybe even some kind of status. The trip is 11,141 miles and I'll probably be doing three of them this year.

It looks like the options for crediting are Lufthansa, Copa, Singapore, United, and...I think that's it?

What say you guys? Where should I put these?

TIA
Old May 29, 19, 5:57 am

And another "check wheretocredit.com" response

Seriously, you don't have many options. SK is the usual forgotten answer that might be worth checking out.
Old May 30, 19, 1:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
If you'll use the miles in a reasonable amount of time, I think the SK suggestion above is a good one but it all comes down to how you'd like to use the miles. For some regions, actually KrisFlyer can be very good for intra-regional business class flights. If you want to park the miles long term then United might be your best bet and also has a very attractive intra-regional award structure for short flights in economy.

If you let us know how you'll want to use the miles and if you'll be adding any more miles to the pool after these LH flights, maybe we can pinpoint the advice a bit. For now those are the 3 programs I'd be looking at.

Search this Thread