Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Members Not Syncing Flights on Websites

Star Alliance Members Not Syncing Flights on Websites

Old Apr 19, 19, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Question Star Alliance Members Not Syncing Flights on Websites

I am concerned about how UA and AC, as members of the Star Alliance, have a problem syncing identical flight itineraries on each of their websites. Booked Business Class Award Travel for 2 using MileagePlus miles. United Airlines website has the correct 3rd segment on UA flight 1857 with an EWR 6:45 pmdeparture and an RSW 9:43 pm arrival. The flight duration is 2 hrs 58min. The first 2 segments are on AC flights. Air Canada website shows the 3rd segment on UA flight 1857 with an EWR 8:00 pm departure and an RSW 9:43 pm arrival which equates to a flight duration of 1 hr 43 mins. I have been bounced back and for between AC and UA over the past 2 weeks trying to get this resolved. Each carriers says the other has to fix this. Have to check in on the AC site and wonder what the boarding pass for the 3rd segment operated by UA will be. Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.
Old Apr 19, 19, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Why is this a concern at all? It's a UA flight so I'd certainly hope their website is showing the correct departure time. When you get to EWR, you can always print a new boarding pass at a kiosk if your BP issued by AC is incorrect.
Old Apr 20, 19, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
it will eventually correct itself and it does not matter ... the operating carrier is what counts. There are some more serious problems like UA selling business class on AC single cabin flights, ticket numbers not transmitting and stuff like that ... what you are describing is very common and not just and AC/UA problem or a *A problem. I have seen the same thing with AF/DL as well.
Old Sep 11, 19, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down

This issue has not cleared up by itself. I contacted Air Canada Customer Care about this issue of not syncing flights,. After several attempts to get a response over a period of 2 months Air Canada replied that since I had not flown yet correcting the incorrect segment times was not their problem. .How typical of Air Canada. I think I was contact the Customer Don't Care Department. I am stuck with Air Canada getting out of YLW on award travel and I hate it.

Search this Thread