Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > Star Alliance
Reload this Page >

Eva Air vs Oman Air vs Vietnamese Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm not sure what Thread this post would best fit in so I decided to just post it in here because it seems to have the most amount of posts

So basically I'm currently looking at businesses class tickets from Brisbane to Paris (will need to get to Luxembourg, so Paris seems to be the closest and cheapest airport to get to).

I've found 3 flights so far that look fairly good to me but I'd rather get some opinions of people that have some experience about those airlines, etc...

Note that the Vietnamese Airlines is about 400aud$ cheaper then the other ones but departs from Sydney and not from Brisbane.

The Eva Air and Oman Air cost about the same (roundabout 4800aud)

Which one would you choose and why?

https://imgur.com/a/l8tfYuc

Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I haven't flown WY or VN yet I am still comfortable saying BR is best of those three.
malmostoso and zeer0 like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:54 am

VN has good seats (similar to CX or AA) on the 787 and 350, but I believe some (all?) of their 777 still have older generation seats. Otherwise VN is ok, not as polished as BR. The BR lounge is far superior to the VN lounges in vietnam.
Never flew WY, but there are a lot of very good reviews out there.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I flew WY last year DXB-MCT-KUL and would fly them again in a heartbeat. Seats, service, food and beverage were all excellent. I've never flown the other airlines mentioned, so can't compare.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
BR C class is top notch but I have never flown the 2 other carriers so can't really compare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.