FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Quick poll: C class BRU-ORD on UA/LH/TK or TP (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1954668-quick-poll-c-class-bru-ord-ua-lh-tk-tp.html)

CSCem Feb 4, 2019 7:45 pm

Quick poll: C class BRU-ORD on UA/LH/TK or TP

Hope it's the right place to post.
I wanted to poll the following:

1) BRU-CPH-LIS-JFK-ORD (mainly TP)
OR
2) BRU-IST-AMS-ORD (can choose LH or UA and TK)
2pax in c class. Price almost same. Miles accrual is almost same on NH.
option 1 brings opportunity to visit each city. Option 2 gives better choice on business.
Which one would you choose?
Thanks^^

Unterwegs Feb 5, 2019 3:55 am

Not sure if I understand your question. Personally I would do as few stops as possible.

CSCem Feb 5, 2019 4:15 am

I make a 2week vacation out of it, so i can visi them as its stopovers. However the post was more asking advice on the choice of the airline. Sorry for the unclear question

PiperAtGatesofDawn Feb 5, 2019 11:01 am

European J seats are ::td: so I would prefer to travel the cities rather than look for any meaningful experiences on inter EU flights.

malmostoso Feb 6, 2019 12:19 am

Originally Posted by CSCem (Post 30741082)
However the post was more asking advice on the choice of the airline.

I would focus on the TATL. AMS-ORD is presumably on UA: does it have Polaris or some worse product?

Regarding the travel, since you start in BRU you can always visit AMS via train, so the CPH-LIS routing would be more attractive IMHO.

CSCem Feb 6, 2019 12:46 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 30744796)
I would focus on the TATL. AMS-ORD is presumably on UA: does it have Polaris or some worse product?

Regarding the travel, since you start in BRU you can always visit AMS via train, so the CPH-LIS routing would be more attractive IMHO.

Thank you^

I am aware the focus on seats should be for the TATL.
Just hesitated between the soft/hard product differences between LH/TK/TP and UA (especially as a couple).
Except for the Skytrax ranking (bummer), the dedicated FT airline forums helped me gain a better understanding.

malmostoso Feb 6, 2019 2:38 am

Originally Posted by CSCem (Post 30744854)
Just hesitated between the soft/hard product differences between LH/TK/TP and UA (especially as a couple).

LH and TP fly the same garden chairs, in J you have the middle seat blocked so as a couple it's nice but it's not a spacious or luxurious proposition, hence I'd recommend to minimise the time on those planes. Same for SK which doesn't even block the middle seat.

On TK you might just get decent recliners, but unless you have a burning desire to see IST it's a long way East just for a better seat and meal. We're still talking airplane food here :)