FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Star Alliance (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance-413/)
-   -   Question on Fare Rules (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-alliance/1953683-question-fare-rules.html)

exploreaswego Jan 29, 2019 3:37 pm

Question on Fare Rules

Hey Folks, I have a question regarding a specific fare rule on stopover, but can't seem to find the right home for this question. So since this is a CM flight under *A, I'll ask it right here.

I'm buying a OW ticket from GRU to LAS, there is a layover in PTY, but when I read the fare rules, it says there is a free stopover. But when I split it in multi segments, the price goes up.

2 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT USD 75.00.

1 FREE IN PTY
1 IN PTY AT USD 75.00.
NOTE -
ACCORDING TO PUBLISHED ROUTING

So here's my question, if it's limited to 1 free stopover in PTY, how can I book to lock in the rate without price increase? Call?
Or this rule usually only applies to AWARD booking only?

Sorry if it's a newbie question, but I'm trying to maximize on value if we can book the stopover with cash.

guv1976 Jan 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by bluestrudels (Post 30716081)
Hey Folks, I have a question regarding a specific fare rule on stopover, but can't seem to find the right home for this question. So since this is a CM flight under *A, I'll ask it right here.

I'm buying a OW ticket from GRU to LAS, there is a layover in PTY, but when I read the fare rules, it says there is a free stopover. But when I split it in multi segments, the price goes up.

LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 1 AT USD 75.00.

1 FREE IN PTY
1 IN PTY AT USD 75.00.
NOTE -
ACCORDING TO PUBLISHED ROUTING

So here's my question, if it's limited to 1 free stopover in PTY, how can I book to lock in the rate without price increase? Call?
Or this rule usually only applies to AWARD booking only?

Sorry if it's a newbie question, but I'm trying to maximize on value if we can book the stopover with cash.

For starters, you would have to continue your journey from PTY on a day when the same fare and fare bucket are available as on the original day of travel. Some days of travel can be more expensive than others; and lower-priced fare buckets sometimes sell out.

exploreaswego Jan 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 30716131)
For starters, you would have to continue your journey from PTY on a day when the same fare and fare bucket are available as on the original day of travel. Some days of travel can be more expensive than others; and lower-priced fare buckets sometimes sell out.

Got it, I looked, they are both P class fares, but it keeps showing $150 more expensive..